Return from the dark side

mikem

From this:

2016-05-03 09.37.50.jpg

To this:

P1020048.jpg

P1020050.jpg

P1020052.jpg

After 4 months of darknesss (i.e. Masserless). I have been ressurrected (o.k. that maybe OTT) but I am now the proud owner of a 4200 Cambiocorsa 2004 with 22K miles. We travelled the length and breadth of the land and saw some shockers. But we had a few enjoyable overnight stops and saw parts of the U.K. we never knew existed.

We bought it a few weeks ago but it has spent quite a bit of time with Matt (Giallo) to have a few items rectified. It had been sitting unused for the last three years so needed a bit of tlc.

I have been taking it for a run nearly everyday this week and am very pleased with it, although I am still getting used to the Cambiocorsa box as my last one was a manual.

mikem

What part of the country was the last pic taken? Looks good

Thanks Dem, all the pictures were taken on Dover seafront which is about 10 minutes from where we live. Just a few hundred yards down the road (can't be seen on photograph) is a deep red Stradale that someone recently bought. He/ she works there I think but lives in the next village to mine. It quite often passes my house early in the morning.

spkennyuk

Welcome back Mike. Glad to see everything worked out and your back in a Maserati again. Thats almost the twin of my car except yours has the GS style wheels.

The colour blind forum members refer to that as being lilac. :) Sparts, newton, kookaburra, myself and now yours are the only ones on the forum that i know of. The actual colour is argento lunar which really pops in the sun. If you ever need to match any paint just watch out as Maserati did an early version and then changed it slightly in 2007 or there abouts.

Enjoy the car and have fun.

BL330

Mike, those wheels may be the trofeo race car wheels.
The GS wheels are 19inch and don't have the Allen key bolts.
So well done you. The rest of the car looks brilliant too.

spkennyuk

Lovely. That's the 4th 4200 in that colour I know of now.

Yeah. Newtons GS and the 4 x 4200s i mentioned. 4200s most were grey interiors. Mikes and mine have the ivory leather and mikes looks like it has the alumunium pack which were silver centre consol, paddles, door inserts and the option for silver calipers. Dash tops and steering wheel were either black or blue depending on the interior spec choices.

MAF260

Congrats on getting a trident back in your life. Funny that these unused argento luna cars are appearing without hitting the market. The wheels are very rare optional 18" trofeo split rims, similar in design to GS wheels.

MrPea

I'm very pleased to hear you did go back to another 4200. Congratulations and have fun!

mikem

Many thanks for the kind comments.

We had many sleepless nights before buying it. Initially we were a bit suspicious as the previous owner wasn't able to supply any M.O.T.s or service booklet, also the mileage was very low. The electronic code and key codes were missing and I had never seen that style of wheel on a Maserati before. The previous owner was an old guy (83) who had been a motor dealer and kept a collection of cars but due to ill health had to sell them. He was selling it through an agent who also appeared a bit dodgey in that he never stopped talking. I can only describe it as a waterfall of words. I don't think the guy ever took a breath. Previous car viewings were usually about 45 minutes. With this guy we spent 2 hours listening to him before we even had a test drive. We told him we would think about it.

We did a H.P.I. check and used the government website to check mileage etc. The car had 3 previous owners all of whom had purchased it from Graypaul (Edinburgh). Who were not very helpful in trying to retrieve the electronic code even though they had sold the car.

To be fair we had a phone call a few days later to say that the old guy had found all the booklets and service documentation. So another trip up to Derbyshire, another verbal hammering (my ears are still ringing) and we bit the bullet.

First job was to take it to Matt at Giallo for a service as it had been stood doing nothing for three years. Matt was very complimentary and thinks it is in pretty good condition. Although its lack of use did require a few items to be rectified.

mikem

Yeah. Newtons GS and the 4 x 4200s i mentioned. 4200s most were grey interiors. Mikes and mine have the ivory leather and mikes looks like it has the alumunium pack which were silver centre consol, paddles, door inserts and the option for silver calipers. Dash tops and steering wheel were either black or blue depending on the interior spec choices.

Hi Spennyuk

Yes it does have the aluminium pack. The dash top is blue as is the steering wheel. I will have to get round to taking some internal photographs.