GS Larini back boxes

Panicracing

Finally arrived today after placing order with Larini back in August. Car already had Larini x pipe and secondary race pipes fitted so hopefully will sound the part.
2df9a8f4d646c8e44d96404f5cf304df.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

StuartW

Very good, they works of art aren't they?

Your car will sound great - just ask the neighbours!

MrPea

Lovely! When are you fitting them? I still haven't taken you up on coming to hear the X-pipe setup you have compared to my H.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Would love to know if the 'cans' are the same between valved and un-valved larini's.
I'm guessing the same, but would like confirmation.
Would then look into retrofitting valves to my unvalved.
There are just times, when hush hush required!

CatmanV2

Would love to know if the 'cans' are the same between valved and un-valved larini's.
I'm guessing the same, but would like confirmation.
Would then look into retrofitting valves to my unvalved.
There are just times, when hush hush required!

I can't see how they would be. There must be a simpler route for the loud side. What you're suggesting is effectively the valves being removed and ergo always open.

I think

C

Contigo

Sponsor
At a guess looking at the pictures it looks like they are the same box as the unvalved but the solenoid controls the valves on the innermost pipes.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I've shoved a rag up each inner pipe when idling, and the decibels lower.
Could use a pair of big corks and go for a drive but don't think they would stay put for long!

Panicracing

Lovely! When are you fitting them? I still haven't taken you up on coming to hear the X-pipe setup you have compared to my H.
No rush at moment as don't use car now. Will only take it out on a good dry day during the winter months. Will get fitted sometime in November most likely.

Panicracing

Very good, they works of art aren't they?

Your car will sound great - just ask the neighbours!
Nice bit of fabriction and great finish. Shame you only see 4 tail pipes. Worth the money now Larini have dropped prices and gave me a decent trade discount.

Panicracing

I've had a whole ******* week of them. :(

Get a camera up there and see. Should be obvious if one pipe is straighter through.

C
From what I can see there's not much inside. Just a big empty box the only form of silencer is a section of tube on the tailpipe is perferated. Will have a closer look but looks straight though.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
From what I can see there's not much inside. Just a big empty box the only form of silencer is a section of tube on the tailpipe is perferated. Will have a closer look but looks straight though.

If you could have a look please, I would appreciate it.
I have an endoscope lidl special, never though of using it (thanks CatmanV2), so will have a poke and report back on my non valved larinis!

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
If you could have a look please, I would appreciate it.
I have an endoscope lidl special, never though of using it (thanks CatmanV2), so will have a poke and report back on my non valved larinis!

Had a poke around, and the larini rear cans are completely empty, with the twin pipes simply stuck through a short distance into the side, that is it, no perforations, no wadding, no baffles, absolutely nothing!
So would be certainly interested if the valved ones are the same....
If so, you have noisey...2 holes for the exhaust gases to escape, if quieter...1 hole for the gases to escape.
Simple as that?!

rockits

Wow that is interesting to hear. Seems like a lot of cash for some empty boxes. Wonder if the type of steel used or the thickness or finish make any differences.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Wow that is interesting to hear. Seems like a lot of cash for some empty boxes. Wonder if the type of steel used or the thickness or finish make any differences.

Yes austenitic stainless steel, a healthy thickness and nicely polished.
There is certainly nothing 'technical' going on for sure, only the empty volume of the can that would 'tune' the tone I guess.