Gts facelift wheel for sale

spkennyuk

I think phil probably means performance orientated upgrades although the spoiler upgrade you have just done phil is more about style and looks in day to day use.

I do think that a chunkier wheel suits these cars better and inspires more confidence. I certainly seem to get better feedback through the Gs wheel than i did the standard wheel. The carbon fibre adds a touch of extra luxury to the cabin and as Iain said the steering wheel and the flappy paddles are the two things that your in contact with and see the most of when your in the car.

Contigo

Sponsor
I'm talking spacers and sports cats etc... Don't get upset Iain the wheel looks great it's just a large outlay.

iainw

I'm talking spacers and sports cats etc... Don't get upset Iain the wheel looks great it's just a large outlay.

Not upset - I am just curious re: other mods. Learnt a lot on the forum about how to optimise these already great cars.
I have considered more exhaust mods in addition to the X pipe. How much would sports cats be and would they change the sound significantly? Would def be interested in doing this.

I have been warned off spacers by most Indies because of handling (on the front) and stone chips etc (on the back) but I agree they would improve the look.

As C would say muuusstt ressissstttt....

Contigo

Sponsor
Spacers are a must imo as the car looks wrong in standard form. I am looking into a different route than the Larini Sports cats which are about £2k fitted. It will involve 200 cell cats and some custom flanges etc... It's work in progress and I will report back once done over winter.

The problem with CF everything is it can get too much. Have you added a Strad bonnet too? Didn't you car come with full carbon kit anyway?

iainw

Yes - MC sport line interior and exterior so full carbon available from the factory.
I like a lot of carbon - especially steering wheel and paddles - but I wouldnt put non standard carbon on some of the little surrounds on the interior as it would get too much.
Its the perfect balance (for me) now interior wise.
I may add a carbon diffuser.
Working on the Strad bonnet. Ridiculous price from factory - and not sure about the Chinese ones - trying to get one specially made in the UK.

iainw

Spacers are a must imo as the car looks wrong in standard form. I am looking into a different route than the Larini Sports cats which are about £2k fitted. It will involve 200 cell cats and some custom flanges etc... It's work in progress and I will report back once done over winter.

The problem with CF everything is it can get too much. Have you added a Strad bonnet too? Didn't you car come with full carbon kit anyway?

Let me know about the Sports Cats - would be interested to see what you think and what you can get them for.

iainw

I recently changed my wheel and would 100% agree, makes a big difference to the look and feel which is probably why Maserati upgraded to this one, gutted it wasn't available when I got mine, great bargain for someone as I'm sure this would fly on eBay

The wheel is finally fitted and thanks to the recommendation from Martin (Hot Wheels) I have got the full interior re trimmed. I think it looks better than a strad inside now - certainly has more alcantara including the instrument hood. Luckily the wheel matches the interior carbon and the alcantara matches the seats / headlining etc.

I know this will split opinion as its not cheap, but I think it really personalises it and now its my perfect GTS - and I am really happy with the car.

Does it make strict financial sense to me - probably not, but its fun and there are some other things I would like to do.

Mr C - I am keeping the Facelift wheel for when you are ready :)

Andyk

The wheel is finally fitted and thanks to the recommendation from Martin (Hot Wheels) I have got the full interior re trimmed. I think it looks better than a strad inside now - certainly has more alcantara including the instrument hood. Luckily the wheel matches the interior carbon and the alcantara matches the seats / headlining etc.

I know this will split opinion as its not cheap, but I think it really personalises it and now its my perfect GTS - and I am really happy with the car.

Does it make strict financial sense to me - probably not, but its fun and there are some other things I would like to do.

Mr C - I am keeping the Facelift wheel for when you are ready :)

Agree Phil....all GT's need spacers....Maserati got this bit wrong. The wheels are just too far under the arches....The Stradale looks better but even that would benefit looks wise.

Contigo

Sponsor
What in God's name is that metal thing in your footwell! :D Are you going for the most modded GTS? I think you are beating Beau now for aftermarket trinkets.

iainw

I am with you MAF- I want those wheels and the bonnet.
Just need to move my MC Sportline Black Neptunes. I think my wife would divorce me if I had a spare set of wheel lying around. Hoping she doesn't spot the interior changes!

iainw

What in God's name is that metal thing in your footwell! :D Are you going for the most modded GTS? I think you are beating Beau now for aftermarket trinkets.

Do you mean he heel plate? It's just a nice set of matts from the place Ewan recommended.

murph7355

Looks fantastic!

Just need the door handles and front/rear armrests doing next....

I think Alcantara can fade, so be careful about leaving it parked in the sun for prolonged periods (next year now obviously!) without a screen reflector.

(And the headlining - when I clear my decks of other stuff to do, I'll try and find someone to quote for that...made a huge difference in my old Aston).

Contigo

Sponsor
Iain next mod for you.

14446166_245740972490423_1465023242985612279_n.jpg

14463149_245740995823754_3207352236911260450_n.jpg

iainw

Thanks mate.
I think this chap would do a good deal on the headlining. I don't notice it so much - but I suppose the pillars make a difference.
I did discuss the door handles and arm rests with him and it wouldnt have been much more - but as they are areas that are handled often - the oils in the hand would make them deteriorate faster. The old Alcantara wheel made me want to hurl.
Good tip re : alcantara - all the more reason to keep it garaged..