Granturismo S - what is this please

Ryandoc

I have one also, immobiliser I believe, not sure if it's Maserati one but it's 3rd one I've seen mentioned on here now

Moz1000

Ok - thanks Ryan. I just popped it open - see below. The battery is flat, but the button activates the switch.
I don't want to replace the battery until I know what it's going to do.
Moz
CIMG3954.jpg

sofasurfer

Ok - thanks Ryan. I just popped it open - see below. The battery is flat, but the button activates the switch.
I don't want to replace the battery until I know what it's going to do.
Moz
View attachment 39554

I was told unless the immobiliser was activated then these fobs do nothing. My spare key has parted ways with it's fob and I can start and drive the GTS off without it.

conaero

Forum Owner
Its the Traker fob isn't it? If you have a subscription and move the car without it in the car, you will get a phone call. If you have no active subscription then its a worthless bit of plastic.

Moz1000

Cool - I have a tracker - but whose tracker? And where is it? PM me if you think you know.
This is the only bit of my car that I have no info on.
If I put a new battery in, and press the button, maybe some lights will come on, or the whole car will blow up!
woop!
thanks Moz

Moz1000

Phil - have you got a tracker in yours? If not, you need to get one. I have one for sale :)
Moz

Contigo

Sponsor
Yes mate, 99.9% came with them. It ms whether or not your insurance company stipulate you need one and then have to activate it and pay subs. Screw having to carry that around with you every time you get in and out the car!

c4sman

The button activates and deactivates the fob, i.e. turns the fob on and off. If your tracker is active, and your only using one of the supplied fobs, the other fob can be switched off. When it's on there a tiny red LED that flashes occasionally on the fob to tell you it's active. When tracker is active, if the car is started and driven off and the fob isn't switched on and in range, tracker people are notified and will call you to check if the car has been stolen.

outrun

It's Vodafone's tracker fob. Used to be Navtrak but Vodafone took that over a couple of years ago.

montravia

It is indeed a tracker. Cobra now taken over by Vodafone. It's probably dormant if subscription lapsed.

I activated mine. Very expensive.

They are very responsive. Had a call within 30 seconds after locking the missus in the car. .... inadvertently

murph7355

If your insurance company don't insist on one, don't bother with it. Their prices are laughable. Complete waste of money.

If they do insist you can avoid the ball ache of forgetting it (leaving them in the car is a no no) with a case...IMG_20160928_131244.jpgIMG_20160928_131257.jpg

MrMickS

I've found them patchy. I can drive away from the house and not be called until I've had the meeting I've driven to and am on my way back. On other occasions its immediate. I do live in an area with poor signal though so that might be a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

montravia

If your insurance company don't insist on one, don't bother with it. Their prices are laughable. Complete waste of money.

If they do insist you can avoid the ball ache of forgetting it (leaving them in the car is a no no) with a case...View attachment 39566View attachment 39567

Where did you get the case Murph? I have a sophisticated attachment for mine..... rubber band around it and the Maser key fob, but would appreciate something more befitting.

murph7355

Where did you get the case Murph? I have a sophisticated attachment for mine..... rubber band around it and the Maser key fob, but would appreciate something more befitting.
The leather case I bought from here - http://cobracartech.co.uk/home/968-bespoke-leather-case-.html. Very snug fit for the fob (as I wanted). The split ring only just fits the key. I'll get a slightly smaller one at some point.

For the emblem I ordered a case from eBay (I've just searched for the one I bought but can't find it!). The metal logo popped off from that easily, I Dremel'd the peg off the back and superglued it to the fob case. I use the leftover eBay case to keep the spare key and fob in :)

(And before anyone says anything, yes I know. I'm an OCD riven tart!).