Maserati Emblem on C Pillar - Where are mine?

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Most Quattroportes that I see have a Maserati emblem on the C pillars as in the picture. Mine has no emblems. Any ideas why not? Someone told me they stick them on in the factory if they have any in stock, or don't bother if they haven't. Or does this mean my car has been resprayed???
C pillar.jpg

Contigo

Sponsor
I tried painting mine Red but my hand is not good enough so I am allowing my sign writing mate with the correct brush the chance to do it next week with the Ferrari Red Humbrol paint I sourced.

MikeyMaser

Most Quattroportes that I see have a Maserati emblem on the C pillars as in the picture. Mine has no emblems. Any ideas why not? Someone told me they stick them on in the factory if they have any in stock, or don't bother if they haven't. Or does this mean my car has been resprayed???
View attachment 39543

I would think they always stick them on at the factory. Either been nicked or resprayed and not replaced.

MikeyMaser

I tried painting mine Red but my hand is not good enough so I am allowing my sign writing mate with the correct brush the chance to do it next week with the Ferrari Red Humbrol paint I sourced.

Do you mean painting in the red flashes? I was going to do this but just replaced as much easier!

MarkMas

Chief pedant
I might get some and stick them on, but actually I'm quite happy without them, I was just wondering whether their absence is a cause for concern.

spkennyuk

It could just be they were taken off when the car had a detail. They are a bit of a pia when your using a machine polisher on the car. Where the 4200 and GS have a recess there the QP is flat so much easier to get an even uniform paint correction if they are off. The only problem is they are easy to break the point / arrow off.

If you do decide to put some on they are left and right sided. Different part for each side. The arrow should point to the front on both sides. You do see some cars with the wrong part on one side.

RSM Masser

Your right there Phil, and look naff as they were never meant to be fitted to a 3200!

Dave

I disagree - they where optional in a 4200 and standard on a GS I believe, the 3200 is very similar in shape to both, I have a set on mine - pointing the right way. I think they look fine.
What I don't like is the bonnet badge, no some have this others do not - what is the protocol here?

spkennyuk

Can you imagine if you ended up with the last car off the production line on the friday afternoon before they shut down for the summer ! No im sure that isnt catmans car before anybody else says it. That was the second to last one :)

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Probably a lot closer to the truth than envisaged!!!

I used to visit a factory in Lucca for factory acceptance tests.
The machinery was never to drawing, and frequently never finished when delivered to the customer in the UK!
Lunches were always at least 3 hours under the olive groves...
The sister factory in Germany however, well lunches were working ones with sandwiches, and there was an inquiry if even the slightest minor thing was not to drawing!

alfatwo

I disagree - they where optional in a 4200 and standard on a GS I believe, the 3200 is very similar in shape to both, I have a set on mine - pointing the right way. I think they look fine.
What I don't like is the bonnet badge, no some have this others do not - what is the protocol here?

Fair enough, but I prefer to keep my old 3200GT in original spec... (except for the wheels maybe) just like it came out of the factory in late 2001..

Dave

redsonnylee

I've only changed my wheels to but have kept the old ones, so if it ever has to go it will be in orignal spec.