The good morning thread

dem maser

I need to kick start my metabolism again, lost a lot of weight but not been in the gym for 3 weeks has had its toll on me....might take up boxing again

Andyk

Morning, gym...what's one of those...I like exercise that doesn't take long. Been doing the 7 minute 7 month work out application on my phone ..... Not missed a day for 6.5 months and for me it has worked.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Morning, all.

Phil - Hilton? Nice hotel, that one. Good choice!

London today. Diary jammed solid, dinner tonight and then out to Stockholm first thing tomorrow until Friday.

Have a good Tuesday, everyone.

Mr.Cambio

a very good morning everyone. Work from home to start with, and an appointment by 4pm.
Have a nice one.

(Missed the place)

edit:phil..what a charming view.

Morning all
Coffee this pm with a mate and that's about it!
Weather is grey and dull, planning to make some Chutney with all my excess fruit/veg, maybe tomorrow

Ooops forgot to mention
Got the old Kangoo back from MOT yesterday £100 for new air filter, plugs and petrol additive (close on emissions target) and wiper blades and one tyre
Pretty good I thought so I will be keeping it another year
15 years old 150000 miles and one timing belt change. Cannot complain

GeoffCapes

Morning all. Office bound again today.

Just got the Maser out of the garage to check how much water the de-humidifier has collected since Saturday when I changed the pollen filter and unblocked the drainage pipe.
Almost a quarter of a pint!
Which considering the size of the de-humidifier is huge! The carpet (in the drivers footwell at least) is bone dry. Which is a bonus.
Will put it in the passenger footwell for a few more days when it goes back in the garage later to see how much more is in there.

MrPea

Morning everyone!
I don't have much to report, but I've been amused by all the fitness talk. I agree about recovery rate being very important for heart rate. As for 220-age, I can still get mine well above 200 at will by finishing off a gym session with a sprint on the rowing machine. When I was doing it seriously I'd be able to hit 218. My coach said I was a f***ing rabbit, seeing as I could go from 42 at rest to 118 in not much time (and back down again).
My problem now is I'm a lard. I have reasonable base fitness with resting HR of ~58 and very decent blood pressure. I'm cycling 12 miles a day when I'm in the office, swimming a mile a couple of times a week and doing some things in the gym, but I just can't seem to shift this lard. It's getting quite demoralising. I think the biggest problem is travelling with work messes up routine and results in eating out a lot.
Ah well, HapPea Tuesday everyone!

Contigo

Sponsor
It's 99% diet, try the Body Coach book, lean in 15 for some great fat shredding recipes. Over 200 heart rate is abnormal and bordering on super human!

MrMickS

Buongiorno Signori,

Busy morning today and Italian course this afternoon.

All of this fitness talking has me exhausted. My resting HR is too high, but lower than it was at the start of the year, and I've lost over two stone so moving in the right direction. I still do too little exercise but its being worked on.

Have a great day all

MrPea

It's 99% diet, try the Body Coach book, lean in 15 for some great fat shredding recipes. Over 200 heart rate is abnormal and bordering on super human!
Thanks. I'll look into that book. Regarding the over 200... I'll go with being "special".