GS Prices

hilts uk

Agreed but your car never came on the open market and the only other sales in the last 18 months have been the car I now own - twice and I tried to buy it the first time and succeeded the second. So I think you would have to be very patient!

According to Dickie Grace there are nine of the eleven left in the UK as two have gone to the Southern Hemisphere.

I think there are 13 in the UK down form 15 a few years ago but with the £ where it is I expect a few more may go overseas.
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/maserati_gransport_mc_victory_s-a

I think about half are owned by Maserti club or sports maserati forum members.

Ewan

Not sure about the other 10, but I'm 100% certain mine's in Dorset - I checked it this evening:)

Out of curiosity, how many Gran Sports Coupe cars are there in the UK and how many are LE as opposed to GS with the extras to bring them up to or close to an LE spec?

I'm sorry, but I don't know what the MC Victory is but understand its a rare car. I'm more curious about the GS and GS LE as I've now bought one.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
The LE is only an optional package of extras available at a better price when specified new.
It's not something to me that makes the car special over a car that the owner decided to pick and choose what he wanted.

That's what I thought because the V5 doesn't state LE. So the extras are slightly less when specified as an LE package when new than the sum of the options specified separately?

But I did see an ad from another dealer advertising a GS LE as "one of 107 cars registered" so bit confused. The extras are really superb and I wasn't keen on the techno-cloth interior. I believe there were not too many of the earlier GS in full leather and when I ead what the LE pack comprised, it was more appealing than looking for a car with some/most/all those options specified.

The challenge is the low number of cars - right now only 9 GS on PH or Autotrader for sale. Many being a considerable distance away and most having higher mileages than I wanted.

But back to the thread - how many Grans Sports are registered in the UK? How many are LE or having LE options?

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
That's what I thought because the V5 doesn't state LE. So the extras are slightly less when specified as an LE package when new than the sum of the options specified separately?

That is what I understand.

But back to the thread - how many Grans Sports are registered in the UK? How many are LE or having LE options?

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?page=1&q=maserati+

The info is not reliable however, don't believe there are 73 GranSport Spyders currently registered in the UK!
Don't know how you would find out about the number of LE specified cars though, apart from Maserati UK.

Guv

Possibly on the lookout for a 4200 or better yet a GS but I want a manual gearbox. Just feel with everything going auto\dsg\flappy paddled this may be my last chance to own a decent manual car. Was the GS ever available as a full manual (not CC). I'm pretty sure I've seen some 4200 manuals but not the GS?

Guv

****, that's a shame. I think the 4200 was though as I'm sure I've seen a few advertised in the past? Any ideas what year they stopped offering the manual?

Guv

Yeah I've read the GS is quite a different drive, just fed up with flappy paddles. I've tried most of the best modern ones and found them all to be too far to disengaging of the driving experience and the CC in the GS is quite a few generations behind those boxes so I doubt it will change my mind.

m1980k

I've said it before.... get in a GS, take it up to 4k revs in 2nd gear, nail the throttle and don't pull the right hand paddle until you're over 7k revs, and keep that throttle pinned. Repeat in 3rd gear. You will not feel disengaged!

halbe01

The paddles do take some getting used to - they're brilliant when gunning it, but a little tricky at lower speeds. The manual was never very popular (I think the commonly quoted figure was 80% of 4200 cars were flappy paddles) and having tested a manual a few years back I didn't find it to be either very engaging or easy to use myself. Definitely worth trying the paddles - spend a bit of time on a test drive, and find somewhere to really let rip - it's well worth it!

GeoffCapes

I've said it before.... get in a GS, take it up to 4k revs in 2nd gear, nail the throttle and don't pull the right hand paddle until you're over 7k revs, and keep that throttle pinned. Repeat in 3rd gear. You will not feel disengaged!

This ^^^ Actually you can do it in both a 4200 and a GS

MrPea

The paddle shift CC manual box is very different to paddle shift torque converter autos and I find it thoroughly more engaging than any other newer paddles I've tried, so you should certainly have a go.
I've driven 4200 CC and GT(the specific model name used to denote manual with a clutch pedal) and I loved both. The fully manual is so free revving under heel and toe. You can also do a burn off with fully manual, although I still wouldn't recommend it!
The only problem I'm aware of with manual ones is that I've heard spare parts are becoming imaginary. Someone else should be able to confirm this.