Question of the day

CatmanV2

.......because you have fingers like cocktail sausages, or the hand eye coordination of an armless sloth?

'...the fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To order a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with your palm now....'

C

RSM Masser

Why are my posts being repeated?? :)

Is that the next question?
Bu44er I don't know the answer to that either.
Over 500 pages and my general knowledge has yielded two correct answers - this is quite handy because I didn't know anything to ask as a question when I got it right

spkennyuk

Thomas Midgley jr. Was the holder of over 100 patents. He is most famous for two inventions / products that were heralded as breakthroughs at the time but are thought of in a lesser light today. He also died in an unusual way.

Name one of the two inventions / products he is best known for ?

What was unusual about his death ?

allandwf

I know/think he was responsible for lead additive in petrol as an anti knock. Don't know the rest though.

spkennyuk

I know/think he was responsible for lead additive in petrol as an anti knock. Don't know the rest though.

He was indeed the man who poisoned the planet with tetraethyllead in fuel.

He was also responsible depleting the ozone layer by putting the first CFC freon into refrigeraters while working on behalf of general motors / frigidaire.

His demise came about after he contracted polio which left him severely disabled. He designed a system of pulleys and ropes to make it easier for him to get in and out of bed. Unfortunately he later got himself stuck in his own device and died of strangulation.

Over to you allandwf.

allandwf

A Spa question as it is this weekend. In 1998 David Coultard caused a first lap incident, how many cars were taken out?

Wasn't this the famous one where there was debris all over the place and the cars a right off.
The drivers all ran back though to grab a spare - that must have took some gonads
Anyway I will guess at 12

spkennyuk

Quick and simple.

How does every phone number in American movies start. And why?

C

Without looking it up or watching a film i cant tell you the number but the dialing code isnt a real one. It is made up so that people dont ring up wrong numbers after seeing a film because they can be stupid like that.