Replacing front grille emblem on the GT

RSM Masser

Newer cars were built with more of an eye on cost, 3200/4200 was making a statement reintroducing the marque. This is meant in no way to undermine them, but the little things seem to be made to a cost. It seems to be the way of things, I have a Mistral trident above my garage door it is made of solid brass, my 3200 trident while metal, is hollow, the modern trident is hollow plastic! Cost cutting where they can.

I had my trident and grille replaced after someone reversed into it. Quite happy because the original was looking a bit tired and the surround was pitted.
After relatively few miles and considering the ar lives inside the new shiny trident is showing signs of the chrome pitting and the grille surround has water marks I can't polish out
Replacement new parts are ££££££££

Scaf

I need to relax place my front badge, how easy it it to remove the grill / how and where is it attached
Thanks

allandwf

I've just done mine recently, 3200, for the second time to replace the mesh. Theres a thread with pics showing the screws and clips. Agreed it is a PITA!

safrane

Only the GS and face lift have the easy to remove grill.. the older classic 4200 has the bullet clips.

But then the classic grill looks far superior IMO.

MikeyMaser

Thanks, read that but it's not clear to me where the fixing that hold the grill in are (but I am a bit useless as this sort of stuff)

The fixing points are shown on this diagram:

maser_grille.jpg

T20 Torx: 6 at the top, 6 at the bottom and 1 each side. The bottom and side ones are under a rubber seal.