Jumping ship

CatmanV2

OK, loving the car, but bored of the same 5 CDs (and of changing them)... Is there really no way to hook an MP3 player/ipod onto the sound system? Someone far cleverer than me must have come up with something...?

You've not got the jukebox or USB plugs?

C

Wack61

Massa in Perth

Catman, no I haven't, maybe a later development? Mine is 2005, not sure the USB had been invented.

Darren, I wasn't aware of Parott but I'll take a look. Can't see how it actually hooks into the car sound system but I see install time is an hour. I'll see what my auto electrician reckons. I forgot the old FM transmitters, obvious solution, thanks! Just need to find a way to charge the iPod/iPhone as the transmitters suck power IIRC.

Dave, no Radio 4 in Oz, just commercial radio stations which I try to avoid like the plague...

Thanks all,

Toby

CatmanV2

Catman, no I haven't, maybe a later development? Mine is 2005, not sure the USB had been invented.

Darren, I wasn't aware of Parott but I'll take a look. Can't see how it actually hooks into the car sound system but I see install time is an hour. I'll see what my auto electrician reckons. I forgot the old FM transmitters, obvious solution, thanks! Just need to find a way to charge the iPod/iPhone as the transmitters suck power IIRC.

Dave, no Radio 4 in Oz, just commercial radio stations which I try to avoid like the plague...

Thanks all,

Toby

Ahh, sorry. The parrot connects into the speaker line of you stereo. The challenge you'll have is if you Bose....

C

Surely even the Aussies have the BBC World Service - almost the same as R4, if not I will have a word with my son - he works for them

Massa in Perth

Thanks George. Not easy getting those, I couldn't believe they were still available, but when I applied the licensing dept knocked me back saying they were inappropriate. Look it up in the urban dictionary and you'll see why! Anyway one respectfully worded (and quite lengthy) letter to their appeals committee and they relented.

Massa in Perth

Thanks Dave, here's a better shot with the current project.Garage rwr.jpg

But in the immortal words of Crocodile Dundee (well sort of) "That's not a garage".....

VMSRTI

Thanks George. Not easy getting those, I couldn't believe they were still available, but when I applied the licensing dept knocked me back saying they were inappropriate. Look it up in the urban dictionary and you'll see why! Anyway one respectfully worded (and quite lengthy) letter to their appeals committee and they relented.

Did you tell the licensing dept to get off the grass? :)