Windows

Tufan

Hello. My driverd side window closes/opens with one touch button but passenger side needs to be pressed fully. Any reason?

Passenger side is also making a click sound when 2/3rds of upway is completed. The click sound is strong and feels like it gets free from sth. Downwards is normal operation.

Thanks for ideas.

conaero

Forum Owner
The passenger window does not have auto this is normal.

The clicking you can hear is you electric motor regulator eating it's gear teeth. Shortly you will hear the motor spin faster and the window won't move.

voicey

The one touch operation may be able to be set using an SD2/3 - I seem to recall the option to do so but will check the next time I'm connected to the window ECU

Tufan

Thanks for input friends. Today the window was completely not down and the same thing at link happened:

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/coupe-spyder-gs/60530-source-window-regulator-2.html

I saw the thread a bit late. We had a part made to replace the part and welded to the main mechanism. Window works fine but there's lot's of rattling coming from inside the window like sth is loose. Now have to reopen and check what went wrong :(

Voicey, let me know on one touch feature, I'm curious.

CatmanV2

Thinking about it, the control unit is the same for LHD and RHD versions, and they both have the one touch *on the driver's* side.

So I guess the SD2 can tell it which version it's installed in at the very least. Or tell it to do one touch on each side.

C