Question of the day

Ian996

ang aboot
what was the answer to the last Q

Record was broken by Beryl Burton (who I thought a few people might have heard of). Bonus Q was unlikely to be known by anyone other than a cycling fan, but quite interesting all the same.... The Unique circumstances of the race in question was that the Men's record was broken in the same event, but BB's distance was greater. To add insult to Injury, she actually overtook the fellow who broke the Men's record on the road. The "combined" record then lasted two years before a bloke managed to reclaim it.

As far as I am aware, A Women's National or International record has never "beaten" the Men's record in any other land-based endurance sport (possibly something similar has happened in swimming).

A relatively easy one
In the car on the radio yesterday I heard a political interview with the Lord Chancellor who continuously refused to answer reasonable questions as most MP's do. Instead the usual mantras were trotted out from an obviously pre prepared brief.
The question is
Who is the present Lord Chancellor?

spkennyuk

A relatively easy one
In the car on the radio yesterday I heard a political interview with the Lord Chancellor who continuously refused to answer reasonable questions as most MP's do. Instead the usual mantras were trotted out from an obviously pre prepared brief.
The question is
Who is the present Lord Chancellor?

It was michael grove but i dont know who it is now.

spkennyuk

Do not think so

It is indeed a woman, the first in about 1000 years of history for that role.
However her other government title is much more well known which is why I did not give it (yet)

Grove was secretary of state when he held the title but must confess i still dont know who that is at the moment.

spkennyuk

Goolie support and tomatoes grow on one

I thought about this for a while and after discounting vine, stake, cane and a few others the only word i can think that links goolie support and tomatoes growing on them would be truss.

Im still non the wiser but i assume her name is Truss or sounds similar to truss.

zagatoes30

Im the first to admit that i have paid little or no attention to the various cabinet roles since the new PM stepped into the breach.

No totally surprising as most of them have been on their summer break since they took office, I guess that will change over the next few weeks as they all come back.

Elizabeth Truss is the lady in question

Liz Truss is the lady in question.
She was first drawn to my attention during the Brexit campaigns and my opinion of her and Amber Rudd was not complimentary.
Then I heard the i/view the other day on the Today radio program and that confirmed my opinion.
She is Secretary of State for Justice and Lord Chancellor replacing Michael Gove.
Heaven help us all
SP Kenny was first up with Truss and as nobody else was that near or cared over to you