GS Prices

maverick

Its amazing how everyone who has got a GS keeps saying the prices are going to sky rocket ....... strange that ;P Trying to push the market are we ? ;P

I hear that nackered Audi Allroads are going to do the same .

I hear this to , aparantly the best all roads out there and very rare , I think they rised by 110% in the last quarter !

outrun

I agree with Phil, the time to buy is now. They should at least hold value and will likely continue a steady, if modest, increase. Cheap motoring, no matter how you look at it. Bargain.

m1980k

Current prices are around £30k and annual price increases are running at about 10%. If that continues, prices for average cars will hit £50k in just over 5 years.

I was sceptical (and got into a bit of an argument) about GS owners talking prices up before I bought. But the data does show that they're on the increase.

Price increases are a double-edged sword though - if they attract investors and put owners off racking up the miles then that would be a shame.

allandwf

They are capable of massive mileages, there is one for sale with over 240k kms on the continent and plenty more over 100k.

StuartW

The fact is, we all loved the shape of the 3200 when it came out and the GS whilst losing some of the look of the original incarnation, nails it in every other way so to my eyes they are definitely under-valued right now and are a great car

zagatoes30

Prices certainly seem to be on the up, strange that 4200 Coupes seem to be static. This could be down to the number that seem to be available at any one time but there are very few Spyders for sale at any one time and their prices are also relatively low in comparison to the additional uplift a GS Spyder has over the Coupe.

There are few comparable convertibles to a 4200 Spyder at the current price point

Needamaser

Prices certainly seem to be on the up, strange that 4200 Coupes seem to be static. This could be down to the number that seem to be available at any one time but there are very few Spyders for sale at any one time and their prices are also relatively low in comparison to the additional uplift a GS Spyder has over the Coupe.

There are few comparable convertibles to a 4200 Spyder at the current price point

The whole 3200/4200 and to extent GS range are too cheap.
Same applies to the bi turbos as well.
Something wrong surely when a low mile, well maintained and good condition Maserati is less than a Fiesta??
Perhaps buyers will wake up eventually to this?

bigbob

Current prices are around £30k and annual price increases are running at about 10%. If that continues, prices for average cars will hit £50k in just over 5 years.I was sceptical (and got into a bit of an argument) about GS owners talking prices up before I bought. But the data does show that they're on the increase.Price increases are a double-edged sword though - if they attract investors and put owners off racking up the miles then that would be a shame.
i just hope that people do not buy them to make money because even if they do go up by £3k pa for five years then dealer margin, an annual service, tax, mot, insurance and a set of tyres will mean that you make less than £1k pa profit so is it worth it? Indeed if you input a cost of capital as well then the return can easily go negative.

I completely agree that it will turn them into garage queens and they will be driven little but people will choose. To my mind just owning a great car like these to do 1000 or so miles pa is a real waste.

leeq61

i just hope that people do not buy them to make money because even if they do go up by £3k pa for five years then dealer margin, an annual service, tax, mot, insurance and a set of tyres will mean that you make less than £1k pa profit so is it worth it? Indeed if you input a cost of capital as well then the return can easily go negative.

I completely agree that it will turn them into garage queens and they will be driven little but people will choose. To my mind just owning a great car like these to do 1000 or so miles pa is a real waste.

I bought mine to drive it but became very hesitant when people on the forum were talking about mileage and when a GS goes over 50K miles it worthless. Then StuartW chipped in with some excellent advice "Get driving your cars people, we never know what is around the corner for any of us. Live life to the full and if you have the car, don't be afraid to use it" and i have to say thats sunk in, I use the car more or less every day (well in the dry) and love it!.

bigbob

I agree with Phil, the time to buy is now. They should at least hold value and will likely continue a steady, if modest, increase. Cheap motoring, no matter how you look at it. Bargain.

But that's the point, Athol, if you use it for motoring then the value will be materially affected so it's a Sunday morning blast work of art.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club

Not necessarily.

I've had mine for nearly 5 years and over that time I have done approximately 5,000 miles.

It's the quality of the miles.
Being a luxury and living where we do the miles are all quality miles around the area and Peak District, rarely do I need to pile miles up on a straight boring motorway getting somewhere, to then come back, the diesel chugger is for that!
It was the same with my Elise before, every mile a joy 10K over a 8 year period.

philw696

We are only ever custodians and I use mine at every opportunity and she is well looked after by me.

Ewan

Most of my cars do only about 1000 miles per year, which makes each journey that bit more special. My GS MCV will do maybe 2000 miles, which is plenty. If I used it more regularly the magic would ware off that much sooner, and anyway, getting in and out is not so easy with it having the carbon buckets from the MC 12.

If I had a high mileage normal GS with standard seats and a value in the low £20k's maybe I'd do a few more miles - but that would only mean a different car doing even less. But as a low mileage MCV version is now worth towards a figure starting with a 5, I'm happy to keep it as more of a high days and holidays car. In fact, it's coming to Nantes with me is Seotember, as a support vehicle to the Venturi.

m1980k

I only drive my car once a week at most, in the evening or on a Sunday morning. Too frustrating to sit in traffic or behind some old fart doing 40 everywhere. If I'm not redlining it and getting the brakes warm then I'm not interested!

Ewan

Yes, Peter. It's to the track, just outside Nantes, that Venturi built to test their Le Mans and F1 cars. I have the track booked exclusively (with some friends) for 2 days. Should be fun.

conaero

Forum Owner
I am doing about 1500 miles a year in the GS at the mo, a thousand of that is in one trip to Le Mans.

Most forum events I have been taking the Alfa Spider too of late as I just adore driving it.

50k miles is looming on my car but I don't take much notice if it TBH.

The car is 11 years old and showing 44k now that's only 4K miles a year average...hardly heavily used now is it!

Contigo

Sponsor
I like to use them, I did 10k in the 3200 I had, 4k in the QP and have done 4k in the GTS. That's more miles in Masers than many on here and I feel you need to drive them to really know how to handle the car and know any quirks.

What's the point in having it if you aren't going to use it? One of the reasons we are selling the 3200 is it just doesn't get used!