The good morning thread

2b1ask1

Special case
Morning all.
Why is the insurance taking so long to pay Newton ?
People like us are good customers.

This is an extra policy (the main policy has paid already to the agreed value without argument), when I took the insurance out I was offered and took out A cover for excess £1,000 cover so I opted for a £1,000 voluntary excess. Additionally I took out another that pays 25% of the value of the vehicle in the event of a total loss. This is the policy that is dragging on, they are now arguing they are covering market value not agreed value, either way it is academic as my agreed value was slap bang in the market value range any way. I think they are just stalling.

Morning everyone
Still warm but a little grey today
Local 'agricultural show'today but I will not be going - it is all double glazing stuff and no farming stuff to be seen
Also Sunderland air show too - that may be a better option but I think the sun lounger is going to win!

MAF260

Morning all. My Porsche ownership is now over, the 944 was collected this morning and will be being dismantled later today. I've recovered most of my outlay in that transaction and still have quite a few parts left to sell which should see me in profit. Oh, and a rather tasty V8 engine I need to decide what to do with. The pile of cash I received has already been assigned to a tiler...

MrMickS

Morning all,

Weather is good today so off into the Dales with a picnic. Just an excuse to drive really.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tess

Morning guys had a lovely week off, catching up with friends and family and chilling.....wish I could bloody retire lol

MAF260

Oh mate. Saddest phrase I've heard this week...

It was painful just to type! It's just the tip of the iceberg - I need to stump up another £5k to have one of the kids' bathrooms redone! Had the 944 been solid I could have built it to the exact spec I wanted for that amount and still had a reasonable amount left over. I must be more careful in future to spend money before she does!!

D Walker

Good day,
In Ayr today for a mates wedding, it's both a sad and happy day as his 1st wife died at 36, but he has met a wonderful lady.
Suspect hangover tomorrow!!!

conaero

Forum Owner
Afternoon all. Down in Rye in Kent for a mini break with the family staying in an old Oast House.

The views are stunning:

image.jpg

...and some strange gravity by the looks of it in Kent too :)

Contigo

Sponsor
Up in the land of living! Manchester!!!! Went to see Dicky yesterday and caught up with him and his stunning cars, a treat as ever.

Just been to Hawksmoor and now in Hotel bar. Seen a nice MC Cab today on Deansgate. If anyone fancies a beer over the weekend then ping me!

Andyk

Morning all....had an evening in Bath which was nice.....Washing the car now and then this afternoon down to the river bank in Chepstow for hog roast, live music and fire works....

CatmanV2

It's his car, and he'll wash it as fast and as often as he likes ;)

Morning all. Looking like a nice day with not a whole load to do. *Might* was the GT :)

Have a good one all.

2b1ask1

Special case
Morning all, taking the youngest to rugby and got my mum here later so a busy day plus I have rather a lot of welding to do down the garage.

Have fun all...

GeoffCapes

Morning all. Last full day in Ibiza for me.

First thing to do when I get home is go on a diet. I've eaten and drunk far too much.
I doubt I'd get into my wedding suit!

conaero

Forum Owner
Pleased for you Andy having such a nice new motor.

Day two in Rye, off to Camber Sands beach, no Inbetweener jokes please.

Spent a bit of time reading up on tuning pre ECU cars. It's quite interesting. Have ordered a vacuum gauge to go with my timing light and multi meter. It appears I have a vacuum leak in the servo pipe. Also using carb cleaner around all the carb and manifold joints when running to listen for an increase in revs to denote a leak. Also how to tune a carb mixture and idle air screw by ear.