Warranty work at Maranello, Egham - views please

Bobby Dandruff

I bought my Gran Turismo S last summer with 6 months of extended Maserati warranty remaining.

When the car was serviced at Maranello Egham, last Dec/early Jan., I asked for a few a minor items to be looked at which were fixed under the warranty (one of the reasons for me buying this particular car!) One of the fixes was to a rattle in the right hand exhaust, which was fixed, albeit after a delay over Christmas as the parts had to come from Italy.

The rattle returned at the start of June so I have written to Maranello letting the know. (Keep in mind that the car has only done just over 20,000 miles and was serviced with just a few thousand miles less i.e. I don't drive the car very often)

This is the response that I received:

'Whist I appreciate where you are coming from, the warranty on the car is over and therefore any subsequent repairs would be chargeable. I will however, do everything I can to assist and if appropriate approach Maserati for goodwill assistance.'

Whereas I recognise that the rattle could be a result of something else, I can't help thinking that it is something of a coincidence only 5 months after a seemingly identical noise was detected. And after paying what I think is very good money to get both of my Maseratis serviced at Maranello Egham, this feels like pretty poor treatment. :-(

rossyl

I would contact the head of Maranello and have a chat on the phone. The least i would expect is a free check to see what is causing the problem. Surely you would expect their work to last for 12 months.

Bobby Dandruff

I would contact the head of Maranello and have a chat on the phone. The least i would expect is a free check to see what is causing the problem. Surely you would expect their work to last for 12 months.

Well I would have thought so too, but I was wondering if I was being unreasonable!

And in fairness the Service Manager there is a good chap.

JDB

Anybody who writes "Whilst I appreciate where you are coming from" would make me escalate without reading any further.

outrun

Good luck. Maranello may take a customer services view for you and hope that you return but Maserati UK will absolutely not offer you any form of service whatsoever. Trust me, I know.

conaero

Forum Owner
All main dealer parts and service come with a 12 month warranty. If it's within that time take it back an demand it's fixed.

Maser Sod

Whereas I recognise that the rattle could be a result of something else, I can't help thinking that it is something of a coincidence only 5 months after a seemingly identical noise was detected. And after paying what I think is very good money to get both of my Maseratis serviced at Maranello Egham, this feels like pretty poor treatment. :-(

You could always approach Maserati UK direct. I did this once in the past over something that I thought was unfair. Maserati UK took the dealer to task, saving me quite a lot of money.

MAF260

You could always approach Maserati UK direct. I did this once in the past over something that I thought was unfair. Maserati UK took the dealer to task, saving me quite a lot of money.

I think Maserati UK's approach has changed dramatically in recent times. They have no interest in supporting the older models or their owners/enthusiasts and this will follow very soon for the GranTurismo if it hasn't happened already. They barely look after owners of the latest models!