Gearbox advice

whereskeith

Hiya.
Can anyone help with some gearbox advice for my GS.
I have noticed that sometimes when going from 3 down to second that there is a delay before change down then a jolt as it changes down, it's not a seamless smooth process.
This even happens sometimes when I slow and let it auto change down.
I have re-set the gearbox into re learn mode and the whole f1 system performed better, but occasionally this delay and jolt as it changes still happens.
Is this just a Maserati f1 thing or is there a cause ?

Thx

CraigWaterman11

Sponsor
If you've done a self learn already see if you can obtain the solenoid leakage rates, but also the selection/engagement values. It's possible it's getting close drifting outside of those. Has the indicator light ever flashed/blinked with an audible "beep" when you'very shifted? From third to second, two things are happening first, the actuator finger has to clock 15 degrees to the1-2nd shift gate, then it engages second. I find when actuators fail they usually fail when clocking or rotating.

whereskeith

Hi Craig,
The indicator lights have never flashed or any beep sounds.
There is sometimes a slight low pitched squeak noise on the change down or sometimes up... Does that help?
I had an new clutch fitted 2 months ago because of some of these issues , but they have not cleared up completely.

CraigWaterman11

Sponsor
Unfortunately it doesn't help a lot. What would help me the most is if I could see those engagement/selection values. Alternatively I would be amiss to not mention Voicey here. What I would do he's more than capable of doing with those values. I just want to see if the selection/engagement boxes are drifting from where they normally should be. The only one I could recommend for this would be Voicey, he has the know how and scan tool in order to do it. Additionally, I'm not sure what your clutch wear reading, or index was, but for it only to be happening from third into second I would not of suggested a clutch change from that data alone.

If it's what I think it is anyway, and after you obtain the confirming data, I personally would just drive it this way until it begins to drop out of gear, or you'll see the indicator flash showing it's getting to the maximum engagement/selection values for that gear. Let me see if Voicey comes along. I'm not sure if he's busy, but if he doesn't respond I will tag him. He might look at this another way or confirm what I'm thinking. I also know he won't guess either so he'll want to scan the car.

whereskeith

I will see if it can get the values and report back.
If I lived close to voicey I would get him to sort all the little bits out I want , but unfortunately im 3 Hours on a plane away from london.

CraigWaterman11

Sponsor
I will see if it can get the values and report back.
If I lived close to voicey I would get him to sort all the little bits out I want , but unfortunately im 3 Hours on a plane away from london. ��

Okay, I'm sorry it might of been a bit presumptious to assume everyone there is close to @voicey. If you can get me the information I will do my best to point you in the correct direction. Hmmm....I don't know what I am doing wrong here do you guys tag differently than Maseratilife.com does, or do I have Voicey's tag incorrect? Suppose I could just shoot him an email as well, if he's not busy (highly unlikely) He will respond.

whereskeith

Okay, I'm sorry it might of been a bit presumptious to assume everyone there is close to @voicey. If you can get me the information I will do my best to point you in the correct direction. Hmmm....I don't know what I am doing wrong here do you guys tag differently than Maseratilife.com does, or do I have Voicey's tag incorrect? Suppose I could just shoot him an email as well, if he's not busy (highly unlikely) He will respond.

No need to apologize and it was not presumptuous, I'm sorry if my reply made u feel that way. I was just being factual and direct ...
We have a lack of people with skills in southern Spain who work on these cars. But it's my fault , I chose to live here and I chose a Maserati.
I still like those choices.