SportsMaserati website slow?

conaero

Forum Owner
No, its much faster after we turfed out all the web bots that were not indexing for search engines.

CPU usage was running at 100% now its down to between 50-60%

When you say page/page can you be specific?

I may restart the server if problems persist.

conaero

Forum Owner
Server has been rebooted.

If its something that has only happened in the past few days and it continues it may be the FaceBook plugging, let me know.

doodlebug

I've done some more testing and it seems that Chrome is the culprit. When opening the SM web page, the page appears quickly but it doesn't allow me to scroll or click on any link for about 2 seconds. It responds normally after the initial delay, but when clicking on another link the new page opens instantly but there is again a 2 second delay before it responds to scrolling or clicking.

Internet explorer is fine. I suspect as you do that it might be due to the Facebook plug-in which isn't working BTW.

rockits

I've stopped using Chrome for various reasons. So many issues. It is quite poor as a browser now in my opinion.

Been using the latest Opera for the last couple of months & it has been great. Much better than Chrome for me. IE shocking as always....best stay away!

hoyin

I've stopped using Chrome for various reasons. So many issues. It is quite poor as a browser now in my opinion.

Been using the latest Opera for the last couple of months & it has been great. Much better than Chrome for me. IE shocking as always....best stay away!

But I need full google integration.

rockits

If Google pulled there finger out and made it decent I would use it & have persevered for a year but can't deal with their junk any longer.

What do you use feature wise that the others including Opera don't do?

I never like putting my eggs in one basket like some do with Google or Apple. They need little encouragement to try to take over the world or be more powerful.