Chris Ward sale

Andyk

Ah yes sorry....Link from my email.....There are some crackers nearly half price....

Slowly

I got the email as well... and despite the Brexit gloom and impending lack of ££ (I deleted my posts from today in that thread - not rude or abusive, but sad on behalf of my young adult children), have succumbed to a jumping hour. Will post pics of the recently acquired blue face / orange second hand trident classic dress version in standard wrist on steering wheel location near airbag trident when I next get the car out.

For those who like the blue diver-style Tridents there are some, and there is, or was a titanium black (not black on black) new one as well ?in the "used" 30% off bit.

StuartW

I have 3 CWs on my want list - a jumping hour, the new moonphase & the world timer. Two of them are in this sale, what to do???

Maybe instead I should save the cash for my Strad fund instead though - decisions, decisions!!!

Wack61

I got the email as well... and despite the Brexit gloom and impending lack of ££ (I deleted my posts from today in that thread - not rude or abusive, but sad on behalf of my young adult children).

Let it go man , it's done, think positive

I do like the C1000 typhoon watches but with all the 1/2 price sales I can't make my mind up whether CR Ward is a premium brand or a budget watch manufacturer trying it on so I don't think I'd ever spend £1000 on one, not even £500

Wack61

I have 3 CWs on my want list - a jumping hour, the new moonphase & the world timer. Two of them are in this sale, what to do???

Maybe instead I should save the cash for my Strad fund instead though - decisions, decisions!!!

No decision at all, save for a strad

highlander

Let it go man , it's done, think positive

I do like the C1000 typhoon watches but with all the 1/2 price sales I can't make my mind up whether CR Ward is a premium brand or a budget watch manufacturer trying it on so I don't think I'd ever spend £1000 on one, not even £500

They do produce quality watches but agree that they have not achieved premium status yet since 2nd hand they seem to run about 40% retail price with some exceptions in the limited editions ranges I think. I have two CWs and like them for being understated nice timepieces.

Andyk

Don't think I would pay a £1000 for a CW watch but £500 seems about right as they are a quality product.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Good to the Jumping Hour at a sensible price. It's the size that puts me off. 43mm is too big. I bought one of these recently and am very pleased with it:

image.jpg

edit: sorry about the huge photo

Slowly

I cut it out and tried it on but it's way too big , cheap though

I did "let it go" with some retail therapy! The good thing about cutting out and trying on is that you could zoom it to a little smaller and then it would fit, but the time would always remain the same which wouldn't be much use except twice a day.

Because I have small wrists (photo in post 69 in the CHR Ward sale thread) I stopped wearing watches for a long time after I got a mobile phone which told me the time as well and thought that anything over 38mm would be too big. Then I got the bug for watches and a 40mm Longines Pulsometer which was OK, then in the sales a CHR Ward C9 aviation style watch at 43mm which (probably because they are meant to be big) seemed OK and it has reset my parameters so now I am happy with big watches.

I'm not worried about the brand position as a luxury watch or not as they are high quality and many of the mid-price brands like Longines, Tag, Breitling etc tended to use the same ETA movements, whether costing 700 or 5000, until Swatch / ETA decided to stop supplying them - except to Longines which is owned by the group and the other manufacturers were forced to make in-house movements - something they now make a big thing about! There's an interesting Wikipedia page on the subject and e.g. this from the FT a few years ago. https://next.ft.com/content/bf7ad61c-2767-11e3-8feb-00144feab7de

I like the fact that CHR W are cheap enough, certainly in the sales, so that one can have a few. The problem is that those emails pop into your inbox with another interesting special edition, sale or e.g. Father's day discount rather too frequently and temptingly!

Jkulin

I put a Blue Trident C60 43mm into my basket late Friday night and went to pay for it on the Saturday morning only to discover that they had sold out :-(

So not to be outdone I had always wanted a Botta like the one below, so I bought it as it really is quite usual, I paid the extra 200€ for the black steel strap, all in 711€, quite unique with just the one hand: -

Botta Nova

NOVA-44-frontal-All-Black-metal-strap.jpg