Best place to buy GS spares

leeq61

I'm after some advice with regards to refreshing my badging on the Gransport, as my rear Maserati mark badge and side badges (V8, Gransport) have turned a milky chrome colour. I have tried cleaning them but i'm still not happy with my results, so want to go down the route of new badges, although reading the forum, i've heard the rear badge can be a bit of a pig to remove.

From experience, who is the cheapest and provides best service for ordering?. I've had a look at eurospares and I've also got HR Owen Maserati too. Are dealers generally better than others?

Any advice would be appreciated.

StuartW

As you are in Manchester, I would pop into Autoshield and see what they can do for you. They would be able to help you out with fitting too if you needed it

MAF260

Go main dealer, my experience of Eurospares over the years is very poor.

The rear badge isn't a hard job, just takes time to get to the retaining clips behind. Get some panel removal tools as the boot lid liner has something like 20 plastic fixings.

GeoffCapes

Go main dealer, my experience of Eurospares over the years is very poor.

The rear badge isn't a hard job, just takes time to get to the retaining clips behind. Get some panel removal tools as the boot lid liner has something like 20 plastic fixings.

I bought a set of interior trim tools off eBay for a tenner. And very good they are too!
Want to change me Maserati script on the boot as it's very scratched.

leeq61

Thanks gents,

I'll give HR Owen a call and order the parts. I've got some panel removal tools on order which should hopefully arrive this week. I think i'll just stick to Eurospares for there diagrams/Part numbers, which come in very handy.

Lee

DPS20K

The rear badge on these later models is held on by spring clips that you have to prize off, rather than nuts on a thread. There are also some little rubber grommets beneath the clips. Make sure you order new clips and grommets as the rubber perishes and the clips break when you remove them. Also be really careful when prizing off the clips as you are levering against the inside of the boot lid and could easily dent it.

leeq61

The rear badge on these later models is held on by spring clips that you have to prize off, rather than nuts on a thread. There are also some little rubber grommets beneath the clips. Make sure you order new clips and grommets as the rubber perishes and the clips break when you remove them. Also be really careful when prizing off the clips as you are levering against the inside of the boot lid and could easily dent it.

I've had a look on the diagram on eurospares site and cant see anything in relation to the rubber grommet. I can see the badge and the clips required but no mention of the rubber grommet. Does anyone know the part number or am i missing this on the diagram?

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/m...2005/all/shields-and-finishing-28235/60324506

Thanks

DPS20K

It could be that the grommet is part of the clip and is supplied with it. I don't know for sure because I didn't take my own advice and order them so I had to improvise!

leeq61

Following on from earlier, I've just got off the phone to HR Owen Maserati in Manchester who's prices for the parts i want (Badges and clips etc) seem to be 20-30% more than Eurospares. Does anyone have any suggestions to a good alternative to HR Owen or Eurospares? I know theres Marios @ Autoshield, so may give him a try also to see if he's aware of anything.

MAF260

Have a chat with some of the other main dealers - Dick Lovett and Meridien Modena are both well spoken of. My rear badge definitely doesn't have any grommets, just the metal clips. Are you comparing both prices including VAT? Whatever savings you may get from Eurospares will be eaten up with their extortionate delivery costs. And they'll take forever to arrive.

leeq61

Have a chat with some of the other main dealers - Dick Lovett and Meridien Modena are both well spoken of. My rear badge definitely doesn't have any grommets, just the metal clips. Are you comparing both prices including VAT? Whatever savings you may get from Eurospares will be eaten up with their extortionate delivery costs. And they'll take forever to arrive.

Hi Mark,

Yes i looked at both prices including the VAT. HR Owen wanted a standard £10 delivery charge too, I told them if i was to go ahead with the order, that i'd pick it up. I'll give Dick Lovett and Meridien Modena a call and see what they can do, thanks for the info on the rear badge too.

Ewan

For my MCV I've just ordered new rear quarter panel Trident badges (with the red stripes) for £16.90 + Vat each, and a new Maserati bonnet badge at £13.60 + Vat. The killer was the red-stripped Trident for the front grill - daylight robbery at £78.70 + Vat!

This is all via Emblem. Along with 4 new wheel bearings, new brake lines, new fuel lines, a new radiator, new springs, some new bushes, new anti-roll bars and drop links, new steering-rack gaitors, new handbrake cables and mounting. Plus all the usual bits for the big 32K mile service (fluids, filters, plugs, etc.) and an MOT.

leeq61

For my MCV I've just ordered new rear quarter panel Trident badges (with the red stripes) for £16.90 + Vat each, and a new Maserati bonnet badge at £13.60 + Vat. The killer was the red-stripped Trident for the front grill - daylight robbery at £78.70 + Vat!

This is all via Emblem. Along with 4 new wheel bearings, new brake lines, new fuel lines, a new radiator, new springs, some new bushes, new anti-roll bars and drop links, new steering-rack gaitors, new handbrake cables and mounting. Plus all the usual bits for the big 32K mile service (fluids, filters, plugs, etc.) and an MOT.

You are going all out Ewan, once it's ll done though it'll look awesome and something you'll be really pleased with. So worth the time and money. Although my car was pretty much immaculate when I bought it, it's not quite up to my standards yet. Abit more time, effort and as always money and it'll be there.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club

Quite a list.
Why new anti roll bars? They are not under any twist when stationary so don't really wear out or weaken, unlike the springs that are always holding the car up!

Ewan

Quite a list.
Why new anti roll bars? They are not under any twist when stationary so don't really wear out or weaken, unlike the springs that are always holding the car up!

New anti-roll bars are more shiney than 9 year old ones. And we all like shiney!

beau

Hi Mark,

Yes i looked at both prices including the VAT. HR Owen wanted a standard £10 delivery charge too, I told them if i was to go ahead with the order, that i'd pick it up. I'll give Dick Lovett and Meridien Modena a call and see what they can do, thanks for the info on the rear badge too.
Meridian posted a oil filter to me today, £3.50 postage, which seems good to me