The good morning thread

Contigo

Sponsor
Good morning . I took the 42 out for a pre Le Mans test drive across the contryside yesterday to test out how offensive the exhaut now is .
In the space of an hour I had:
2 people shout at me as i drove past .
1 put his hands over his ears in a village
Three people told me how awsome it sounded .
Oh and a child literaly jumped up and down when i let his sit in it and rev it in a pub car park .

Can you imagine what a French peasant will think of it in his 2CV?

Id say that a big tick for the YES vote!

**** the haters!

Honestly it's bonkers and yes of course it gets a YES vote, leave it on for Le Mans and take it off putting the X pipe back on should you need to. Rinse and Repeat every year :D

dem maser

**** the haters!

Honestly it's bonkers and yes of course it gets a YES vote, leave it on for Le Mans and take it off putting the X pipe back on should you need to. Rinse and Repeat every year :D

Agree....cant wait to hear it, sounded awesome last year (when we wasn't following MAF or Matt) but this year its up there

rockits

Morning all. Just got to a meeting at Heathrow. That had just finished.
Three and a half hours to do a (normally) 1 hour 15 minutes journey. What a joke the M25 is!

Now I have to loiter around for two hours before my next meeting.
At least I know I'll be early!

So what you buying Deano?

Quick meeting then! I will confirm shortly as might be buying a return train ticket back yet. I just sold the E55K yesterday so thought I need to get a replacement AMG in ;)

It is one of those funny excited/nervous feelings as having two cars that can financially hurt sitting in a garage is a big commitment for little old me. Am I doing right or wrong....who knows....right I think! Got my trade plates now as well as my motor trade policy so I'm officially a part time motor trader. At least that is what I keep telling the missus.

Surely you must fancy a nice classic Mercedes SL500 for the summer day we have in the UK? One V8 is surely not enough....I feel I need to share the V8 love.

midlifecrisis

Good morning from Ottawa. 10 days here and I'm putting on the pounds! Restaurant food isn't good for you especially when the portions are the size they are.
Interestingly, the whole of Canada is in pre-mourning as a Canadian bands singer has been diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer. All the news channels have been on saturation coverage. The band are huge in Canada obviously but completely unheard of elsewhere.
So unless WW3 has broken out I'm nonethewiser as world events.

CatmanV2

Good morning from Ottawa. 10 days here and I'm putting on the pounds! Restaurant food isn't good for you especially when the portions are the size they are. .

Our American colleagues are unable to have a meeting without food. Yesterday the menu was:
Breakfast
Morning snack break
Lunch
Afternoon bag snacks
Chips and guac

and then we went out to dinner.....

C

2b1ask1

Special case
Just completed a meeting with the insurance assessor; not sure what to make of it really, not got anything to hide but felt so nervous anyway, covering the nearly six years of ownership and the passion felt for a Maserati! Silly I know but it is a big chunk of your life putting it like that.

Hopefully able to relax later as I'm meeting friends in Duke St, St James later and may indulge in a pint or several as I'm on the train!

Have fun all...

2b1ask1

Special case
Nothing on either, the Alfa is settled already, Jeanette will be ordering a new one tomorrow probably.

Likely to have to wait another three weeks for mine unless it is found.

drewf

Lots of fun I would say Drew....

Well... Not all fun.

My X5 tow car was flat as a pancake this morning, which was a bit of a snag, given that her track car was on the trailer behind it. No problem, thought I - there are spare batteries, including the pack to start the race car. Jump leads and it should fire.... No chance. Not a flicker. So, I put it on a fast charge, and left it 20 minutes, whereupon it fired instantly as though there was nothing wrong at all. Now, I wasn't really expecting it to start, but tried it more in hope than expectation... Bizarre, no? I can't believe my battery charger put enough juice into the battery in that time to take it from zero to hero. Checked the other two batteries I use, and they were both fully charged, so I really don't understand why it wouldn't fire with one of them attached, unless the 1 month old battery in the X5 is duff?

Anyway, arrived late, but no worries since they know me as a repeat client, had a special briefing for her and the rain started.

So, missed the sighting lap sessions, but again, since they were happy I know the circuit well they allowed me to take her out on sighting laps. Plenty greasy but ok.

Came back into the paddock, and the rain came down in buckets, so it was clearly coffee time. Met up with Tim who was instructing that day between hoping to fit in test sessions in his Revelation race car (home designed and built Radical style machine, in which he won a couple of weeks ago), and sorted some instruction for her for later in the day. We were just about to go back out, when Tim appeared, ready to take the instruction session! That was fun to watch as he discovered it was a bit lively on the back end on a couple of demonstration laps before Susie drove, but we both agreed it needs better tyres (those fitted when we bought it have seen better days, and were not choice items to start with), then we spotted the nail in one. Game over... There's no spare. And then it REALLY started raining. Sausage butty and back on the trailer :)

Fun, no spins despite the challenging conditions, and a good idea of what needs sorting on the car, starting with decent rubber.

rockits

Well my one way ticket wasn't enough...I should have got a return! Car wasn't quite as good as I had hoped or expected.

Mark, It was an R129 SL 60 AMG by the way.

dem maser

I like them but do feel that a Maser is a better buy.....of course you have one so I understand going for something different, then again, 2 masers?

rockits

Thanks Dem....maybe.

I need to stop buying cars...sell a couple and focus on work for a bit. The bank balance has taken a beating. Would have been on fumes if I'd bought the SL60!

GeoffCapes

Well my one way ticket wasn't enough...I should have got a return! Car wasn't quite as good as I had hoped or expected.

Mark, It was an R129 SL 60 AMG by the way.

Nice. A mate of mine has one. He's got some kind of sports exhaust on it, and it sounds awesome.
These are the cars you can change the headers and it'll sound like a Zonda if memory serves me correctly.

As for my meeting this morning. I didn't make it. This afternoons was much better though!
So all in all a good day!

rockits

I am not sure my pockets are deep enough for a V12 of any kind! The AMG V12 BiTurbo is a real beast of a power plant but again deep deep pockets are needed.

rockits

The guy I went to see today with the SL60 just sold his S600 V12 Biturbo funnily enough. Told me a few stories of how much it hurt his wallet. Dropped £16k in depreciation in 2 years and by the sounds of it well over £10k in running costs. The SL60 was a bargain in comparison.