Secret Supercar meet - Bruntingthorpe

Tilum

Yep, Blondie and I were both there. Didn't see any other SM representatives though.

Dyer3200

Looked like an amazing turn out of supercars despite the poor weather conditions - was it by invitation only ?

Tilum

Yeah, there was a great turnout, especially considering the poor weather conditions. Still, at least it's better than the Secret Meet two years ago, which had to be postponed due to the snow! This year we were rather lacking in Maseratis though (I think I saw 6 there, 2 of which I think were Graypaul Nottingham's demo cars).

Yes, it's invitation only, but everyone in the club (SCD) are invited. It's a great club, especially if you like various marques as there's all sorts in the club... including a rather nice Lamborghini Jalpa (ref. Team GVR :wink:)

T

EnzoMC

doh missed it, even saw a supersport in the video......passenager ride.... me..me...me...

Tilum

Ha ha. Yeah, the Veyron WRE SS is a rather special car indeed... understandably the car at the front of the pack in the main photo.:
SCD SSM 2015 001b.jpg

Shame you didn't make it. There'll be other events for sure though.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a good event. Shame SCD has such a northern-biased footprint, but maybe I should start stumping up the annual fee and help change that a little. :smile:

drewf

Can't see Adam not taking the money from a QPV driver - contact him directly.

Tilum

It's because the founder/owner of the club is based in Sheffield, Adam. When he set it up it was a small club predominantly focused around local driving events. However the club has gone from strength-to-strength, hence drawing in more elite cars and therefore backing from major sponsors. Because of this, more of the events are becoming nationwide events including some of the drives as well as the workshop/factory tours (e.g. Arash, Aston Martin, B.A.C, Gulf Motoracing, McLaren, Morgan, Red Bull Racing F1). Having said that, I know that the owner (Adam Thorby) wants to keep it predominantly based around the Lancashire/Yorkshire/Midlands due to the organised local drives and track days, and there being plenty of other car clubs based around the South of England.

Would be good to have you on board though. Perhaps it's worth speaking to Blondie as she's in a similar boat to you (in that most of the events are quite a few miles 'up the road').

T

Tilum

:too_sad:Looked at their entry requirements - QP not a "supercar"

Can't see Adam not taking the money from a QPV driver - contact him directly.

As Drew says, Ebenezer, contact Adam Thorby directly (via the website); I'm sure you'd be allowed to join, as Maseratis are one of a few marques that usually qualify for entry regardless of model.

T

Needamaser

Have a couple of mates in Central Scotland who are members so 90 miles North of London to the meet seems a brief outing?
I am tempted with joining and I am 500 miles away from Bruntingthorpe.
You Southern softies need to toughen up! lol

Ebenezer

Off to Marrakech tomorrow to warm up. I think a mankini might cause unnecessary offence over there.

Almichie

I would happily join but it's too far north: shame there isn't anything comparable in the south. I may stand corrected shortly, however.

I went along last year and it was a great turn out and everyone I met was extremely friendly and likeminded.