Still havein reverse problems

Steve GS

Ok what I've found out about the reverse switch. Had my bro around today. He's an electrician so knows a bit more than I do when it comes to electrics. On the switch out there is a constant 16v. But when switch is activated there is no change.
Does anyone know if there is meant to be a permanent live coming out of the switch which drops to activate reverse or first gear. Also on the little chips on the circuit board one of these have continuity and none on the other. Any one have any input on this please?

Zep

Did you check out how the contacts to select first operated? I'd assume that if they both work the same way the problem is elsewhere, but if not then that's your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve GS

The first gear select on the reverse switch is not working aswell that's why I think the circuit board has had it. And both out puts give the same reading. I just didn't want to spend £500+ on a switch and that not being the problem. Then I'm stuck with a £500 switch.

conaero

Forum Owner
Brake pedal switch?

...but I assume you can select first on the paddles so this is not an issue but it's worth considering its impact on the reverse switch.

safrane

Is there not one for sale via one of the breakers? ...I am sure the 'switch' will be common to both the GS and the face lift 4200 and possibly some Ferrari models with paddles...unless its all moulded into the console.

Have you tried David Askews, Mike Roberts or Eurospares?...I think even ADG had a 4200 they split for parts.

Steve GS

Brake pedal switch?

...but I assume you can select first on the paddles so this is not an issue but it's worth considering its impact on the reverse switch.
Yes can select all gears by paddle shift and runs very well going forward think I might just take the plunge and buy the switch.

conaero

Forum Owner
Can't see the switches being any different inside the most you would have to do is swap over the multiplug or mounting casing.

Chrisbassett

The second time I lost reverse it was the switch on the dash that needed cleaning/fettling. It's quite easy to take apart and put back together, it just levers out of the dash in one big piece then you need to undo some screws and you can clean / adjust as needed. That might help.

Steve GS

Well on way to get a reverse switch from giallo for a little over £140.
And try and pick there brains wile I'm there.

Steve GS

The second time I lost reverse it was the switch on the dash that needed cleaning/fettling. It's quite easy to take apart and put back together, it just levers out of the dash in one big piece then you need to undo some screws and you can clean / adjust as needed. That might help.
It's a bit different on the GS and nothing there to adjust. Have a look at the rest of tho thread.

Steve GS

Well after speaking to the main man at giallo he informs me that these switches never go completely I took my switch he seems to think there is nothing wrong with mine. There for I have a clutch problem. He can't be 100% with out connecting up and getting a reading. Lao if it is the clutch he charges £2200. Think I'll be shopping around for better quotes.

Contigo

Sponsor
Chris, did you lose reverse and need a recalibration? Could that be same as Steve's car?

Contigo

Sponsor
From that thread. Chris posted.

"Giallo's had a look and it was just a re-calibration effort. Sounds like the software got a little confused and didn't want to select reverse. No parts needed, so it's a couple of hundred quid for the time and I'm back on the road after I wander over to Kent and pick her up tomorrow."

I think Voicey could be your new best friend as he can do this from what I remember on other threads.