Pin out for instrument cluster

CraigWaterman11

Sponsor
Hey guys just finishing up with some of the dash after the heater core, and re-leather. I had all the different components of the dash sitting in the car so that I could run the A/E scanner for the gear box, ABS, etc. Well if you guys remember I told you I lost my night lights on the cluster. All the other lights work just not the cluster night bulbs when the headlights are. I have all the dash back and I want to put everything back in but I want to fix the cluster lights before I get it back together. First does anyone know if it's a separate fuse off hand? Secondly, and more importantly does anyone know the pin out for the cluster? It has that cheap copper ribbon backing and if I knew what went where I probably would just soldier separate wires to make sure they never failed again. I do know the bulbs are good because when I had it out I quickly lit each one with a 9 volt battery.

CraigWaterman11

Sponsor
LOL.....appreciate all the help guys! Just joking, I know if anyone knew they would have posted. Well just an update. I'm trying to finish the dash off so I figured it out. The dimmer on the cluster itself was shot. I figured out which one was power to the dimmer. I keep the cluster always fully lit anyway so I'm going to jump it for now to take the dimmer out of the loop completely.

CatmanV2

Heh. That's the second I've heard of Craig. Looks like we may have another weak point.

C

CraigWaterman11

Sponsor
Yea it was definitely the dimmer I have the dash all back together and the cluster lights work great now that I jumped them. First time in about a year I've had them.