Larini back boxes - 3200

hilts uk

is it more complicated to fit this to a GS? Don't they have a valve which flips in sport mode? Not sure about the pipe endings compared to the ones on my GS.

MAF260

Larini's are an easy fit for a GS. You need to buy the valved version of their boxes - these are made to fit with all OEM parts that will still operate the valves in Sport mode.

Here's mine to see what they look like:

GS LM 2013 5.jpgGS LM 2013 6.jpgGS LM 2013 9.jpg

MAF260

How much is the full kit? I assume this gets rid of the secondary cat as well?

Depends on which exhaust system your GS has got. Euro-spec has non-cat manifolds then 2 cats each side in the same pipe. US-spec has cats in the manifold then 1 cat in each pipe afterwards. I had US-spec and wanted to get rid of the OEM cats as they're prone to break up and particles can be sucked back into the engine. I bought OEM non-cat manifolds with Larini parts to suit - single 200 cell sports cat each side, h-pipe then into the valved rear boxes I already had fitted. Larini parts aren't cheap - from the manifold back you are looking at £5k-£6k plus fitting. The OEM manifolds are £4k from Eurospares. I bought mine used for a fraction of that, but that was a once in a lifetime deal! Changing the manifolds is also very time consuming as the engine has to be lifted off the mounts for clearance and the oil tank also has to be moved. Fitting the manifolds and new Larini parts was almost £1k in labout costs.

Have a read of the thread I started here for more detail:
http://www.sportsmaserati.com/showthread.php/13177-GranSport-exhaust-mods-picture-heavy-thread