Matrix

Fran

How do I test if my matrix is losing liquid?

I had my 4200 for 4 years and I get a bit too much condensation on the windscreen when I turn the car off after using the climate control. I have to say I have the same problem with my new VW so maybe I am obsessed and the problem is just the weather in the UK! Also the Mas gets very warm in the dash so that might increase this problem. The air con matrix get warmer and releases all the water accumulated?

In 4 years the level of the cooling water has not gone down. No sign of leaks anywhere including the foot well tube. No smell of coolant. New pollen filter fitted recently. No sign of cooling in the air box visible opening the pollen filter.

F

safrane

Don't think you have a problem there. The misting is caused by damp atmospheric air hitting the cooler window and condensing.

CraigWaterman11

Sponsor
I would notice it in slight coolant loss but it was something you had to closely monitor. Additionally, the condensation on the window was on the driver's side of the car, which I think would be your passenger side in the UK. This would happen immediately after the car was shut down, and was sitting. When you wiped it off of the window it would more smear than wipe off like regular water condensation. You have to be absolutely certain because before it pools in the foot wells it is absorbed by all of the carpet, and insulation. Additionally they put the air bag control module right under the heater core HVAC box. It really depends where the coolant decides to come out of the HVAC box which is semi sealed whether it lands on the right or left side of the car. But again before it gets in the foot wells it soaks the carpet, insulation and a ton of wiring harnesses sitting right under the HVAC box.