Alfa Romeo Sud!!

allandwf

It'll be ok, the water will drain out the holes in the floorpan! ;) Mate had a black cloverleaf back in the day OTS 8Y, plate ended up worth more than the car.

CatmanV2

Now Allan, be fair. You know that they were carefully designed to hold as much water as possible until every bottom structure had rotted out. Chassis rails, engine mounting rails, jacking points and everyone's favourite, the scuttle!
C

Parisien

Great car though?? Keep my eye out for another one

Was £1800 your top bid? Not a million miles away, how long has the other advert on Classic cars been up, might not be much between your highest bid and what he'd let it go for?!!

P

zagatoes30

It's the less popular SC version without the twin lights of the Ti. S3 model with not a lot of miles circa £2k would seem about right. They are great little cars but need to be checked for rust as it can be a killer on these although saying that they are simple to repair and if treated well can be made to see a puddle without melting away.

An early Ti or even better an early Sprint and I would have been bidding too :)

dem maser

Was £1800 your top bid? Not a million miles away, how long has the other advert on Classic cars been up, might not be much between your highest bid and what he'd let it go for?!!

P
I hear everyone's opinions and maybe Its best for me to leave it and go for a TI or my real love a sprint, need more for that though

TridentTested

I have been outbidded so might just leave it then...thank you for your advice

Ah well, then I can share some views with you.

These are magical cars which fizz with character; good road manners and a peppy engine that just wants to be caned.

But,

Their dynamics are very old now. They suffer from a lot of tiring torque-steer, the steering is very heavy, the pedal box is infuriatingly small (I used to change my shoes to drive mine, normal shoes or trainers would press the brake and accelerator at once!), the in-board brakes never inspired confidence, the driving position is Italian-ape shocking; knees up on both sides of the steering wheel yet the wheel would be a full arms-lenght away, my leg would be aching from holding my foot over the too-lightly sprung throttle, the demist fan is hopeless; loads of noise but no demisting; once it rains you can't see where you're going, the 1.3 would be crushingly slow by modern standards; even the 1.5 with 95 bhp would feel awfully asthmatic in traffic-light grands prix.

And that's before you talk about rust.

Would I have another?

YES!!!!

dem maser

These are magical cars which fizz with character; good road manners and a peppy engine that just wants to be caned.

But,

Their dynamics are very old now. They suffer from a lot of tiring torque-steer, the steering is very heavy, the pedal box is infuriatingly small (I used to change my shoes to drive mine, normal shoes or trainers would press the brake and accelerator at once!), the in-board brakes never inspired confidence, the driving position is Italian-ape shocking; knees up on both sides of the steering wheel yet the wheel would be a full arms-lenght away, my leg would be aching from holding my foot over the too-lightly sprung throttle, the demist fan is hopeless; loads of noise but no demisting; once it rains you can't see where you're going, the 1.3 would be crushingly slow by modern standards; even the 1.5 with 95 bhp would feel awfully asthmatic in traffic-light grands prix.

Would I have another?

YES!!!!

That's my point...many negatives but YES YES YES!!! it works........

dem maser

But,

Would I have another?

YES!!!!

thank you for the feedback