GTS Steaming up and aircon compressor making noise

EXCF350

I've got two issues with my GTS which are probably related:
The aircon compressor is making a rapid knocking noise loud enough to hear it above the exhaust when idling. I'll have to take it to the dealer to look at this.
The other problem is that the car is steaming up. I agree that if the aircon is not working then it'll take longer to clear but with it turned off it should still clear eventually and remain clear rather than slowly misting up during a journey when there are several people in the car. It's as if the recirculation is turned on - but it isn't.

This has made me wonder if the pollen filter is damp but I can't find any details of where it is. Can somebody please tell me how to check the pollen filter.
Also, I've read in a few other threads that the aircon drain can be blocked. Again, where is this on the GTS?

I'll take it to the dealer as it is under warranty but it would be a lot less hassle if I could check the simple things myself.

Any other suggestions of things to check would be greatly appreciated.

AndyG

Front nose bearing on the pump has taken the casing out, hence the knock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EXCF350

Thanks for the replies. I haven't a clue about the refrigerant level. I'll leave that to the dealer.

I just thought I could check the easy things for the misting problems. All my previous cars have had user-serviceable pollen filters and the user manual has said how to check it. The GTS manual just says take it to the dealer. I've had a look all round the dash and in the engine bay but cannot find it, neither can I find the drain. I've even tried to work it out from the diagrams on the Eurospares website. Guess I'll have to wait until it goes to the dealer.

safrane

If it is anything like the 32/4200 it will be under the scuttle plate and requires the wipers to be removed.

EXCF350

Excellent service from the dealer. I phoned them at 9am and by 11am the car was up on a ramp where they confirmed the bearings in the compressor had failed. New parts on order and should have the car back in a few days.
As for the car steaming up, I've used it a few times now with the aircon off and it seems okay so I guess it was residual dampness from that failing.

Simon

My aircon compressor has had a knock that has developed over the last 6 months or so. Once the car is warmed up the noisy virtually goes away. I wonder if these are a weak point on the car? I checked with eurospares and its a common Ferrari/Maserati part.

How much did the dealer charge to change?

EXCF350

My aircon compressor has had a knock that has developed over the last 6 months or so. Once the car is warmed up the noisy virtually goes away. I wonder if these are a weak point on the car? I checked with eurospares and its a common Ferrari/Maserati part.

How much did the dealer charge to change?
The car was still under warranty so it has been replaced FOC. The dealer was thankful that I'd brought the car in as soon as I noticed this because they said it would have got worse and could have thrown the drive belts at any time which could have wrecked many other parts. If I were you I'd have a very close look at yours if it is making a noise just in case.