Grand Sport Width

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Is the garage next door yours?
If not and a wall, there doesn't look at lot of room to get out of the car once in!

D Walker

Beginning to think the dream is going down the swanny.

May have to be a Jag XKR as a daily driver instead!

Not a bad compromise - I may have the option to keep a Maserati elsewhere but will have to persue that in a couple of weeks.

Watch this space I guess!!

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
It does look like you would have to push her in and pull her out by hand. Not ideal really. They are a big coupe.

CatmanV2

Double winch perhaps. Used to have this issue with the Giulietta. Because of pillars in the garage, though. Could get it in so far, but then had to get out and push it the rest of the way.

C

D Walker

It does look like you would have to push her in and pull her out by hand. Not ideal really. They are a big coupe.

Dont think I would get it up the step into garage. There is a side entry door which is 1/3 way in.

Electric winch - now that is a good idea!!!!

Lol,

D Walker

Hi Guys,

Remember this little conversation regarding garage width etc, well got the car home tonight and its a non starter,

Most of you and my wife were correct - It might just go in but I would not be able to get in and out of the car for the pillards.

So now I have the dilemma, probably look for somewhere to wax it underneath, and keep it as clean as I can on the drive.
I think I will keep it here April to November then I will have to lay it up at a storage place up the road that puts the car in a forced air bubble thing with battery monitoring for £50 a month.

Oh well - trials and tribulations.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
You and I discussed the size of the opening and decided it would just fit through. I'd assumed the garage opened up wider after the door. Can you place some sponges on one side and the front wall and park flush to one side so you can get out?

D Walker

You and I discussed the size of the opening and decided it would just fit through. I'd assumed the garage opened up wider after the door. Can you place some sponges on one side and the front wall and park flush to one side so you can get out?
I think it will just go in Dicky but I am concerned about risking it. There are pillars inside which are a tad wider than the door opening.

DPS20K

Give it a go with somebody watching. Get the passenger side as close to the wall/pillar as you can and see if you can get out of the drivers door. If you can then just make up a strong wooden frame to run along the garage floor of the passenger side of the garage to stop you getting it wrong, a bit like a curb but more wheel friendly!

jayblue

I thought the same thing when i got my GS home - no way that it would fit in the garage. I remember the first time i tried it thinking i was mad and the car would surely end up getting damaged. I made sure to have someone watching and now i am able to get it through the doors without an issue.

I have to fold the mirrors in to get it to fit and have several markers on the floor to guide me in. Opening the door is also tricky, on my old BMW i used to leave the window down and use the remote to shut it once i was out of the car but the Maserati doesn't offer that option so i have sponges on the wall instead to prevent the paint getting damaged. It also helps that i am skinny, i like to think of the tight fit as a security measure since no thief over 12 stone could even fit through the gap to get in to the car!

CatmanV2

I *did* screw up my door getting into my rented garage at the station. These days I am far more confident, though.

Reversing sensors help in my case as some backing and filling is required

C

GeoffCapes

I've screwed cardboard to the walls of my garage to protect the paint work of my Alfa.

I imagine a GS or 4200 will be a similar size. I don't know how big the doors are but they're huge on my Alfa.
Anyone know the sizes?

D Walker

I've screwed cardboard to the walls of my garage to protect the paint work of my Alfa.

I imagine a GS or 4200 will be a similar size. I don't know how big the doors are but they're huge on my Alfa.
Anyone know the sizes?

1822mm!!

CatmanV2

Anyone know the sizes?

I spent a few hours nailing carpet to the walls of the hire garage. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to get out.

C

GeoffCapes

I know the width Dave! 1822 for the Maser vs 1763 Alfa GT
Difference of 59mm! = fits my garage :D

And my garage opens up. :D

I was talking about the size of the doors. They're huge on the Alfa, not sure about a GS. They don't look as big.

CatmanV2

I know the width Dave! 1822 for the Maser vs 1763 Alfa GT
Difference of 59mm! = fits my garage :D

And my garage opens up. :D

I was talking about the size of the doors. They're huge on the Alfa, not sure about a GS. They don't look as big.

Hmm. Thinking back to my Alfa GT I think they are about the same size. After all, you need to get someone in the back!

C

GeoffCapes

Hmm. Thinking back to my Alfa GT I think they are about the same size. After all, you need to get someone in the back!

C

Do you??? :D

If they're the same as an Alfa that's ideal as I won't even have to move any of the racking in my garage!