Where to look for a 4200 Facelift?

GeoffCapes

As the title says. In the next month I will be in a position to purchase my first ever Maserati.
I've decided I want a 4200 CC Facelift. Budget of up to 18k at the very max. Ideally around the 16k mark.

So where do I look for one?

Currently I look on the following:-
Pistonheads
Autotrader
Ebay
Nuvola
Dicky Grace
ADG
Gumtree

Are there any other sites that I should keep an eye on?

Andyk

Think you have just about covered it Geoff.....You should get a good one in you price bracket.....I know there are some over 20k at dealers but to be honest a few do come up under that that are good......Good luck with the search...

GeoffCapes

Think you have just about covered it Geoff.....You should get a good one in you price bracket.....I know there are some over 20k at dealers but to be honest a few do come up under that that are good......Good luck with the search...

I've seen the ones over 20k, the one Dicky has got, is mega low mileage, and the one at ADG is just a bit optimistic (IMHO of course).

D Walker

IMHO as well.....
I agree as well, I emailed ADG and told them I had a budget of XX for that 4200 subject to viewing and an inspection if they were interested in doing a deal.
That was a flat no!
I may just try again in darkest dingy January / February!!!

GeoffCapes

At the end of the day, they can put it up for whatever they like. If it sells they've had a result.
If it doesn't. Then they reassess.

SimonCC

Geoff are you referring to the following at £21k?

http://www.adgsevenoaks.co.uk/used-c...200-coupe-1627

If so, although on the top side I don't think it's an unreasonable price for such a car - 28k miles only, fully spec'd car including Skyhook and xenons, all the bells and whistles. I paid similar money for my Facelift 18 months ago and it's a dream to drive and the best thing I have ever done car-wise, Infact my car has a similar history as mine was also originally supplied and maintained by GrayPaul Nottingham and now by Mathew at Giallo.

I'm not a lover of the car in black and especially with black interior I have to say, but that's just a personal thing. I'd go along and speak to Alistair, see the car and see how you feel then. I managed to negotiate about £1000 off (maybe £1500 I can't remember exactly) by buying the car without the 6 month dealer warranty as I'd had Mathew (Giallo) inspect it so I was comfortable it was a goodun' (I didn't buy from ADG by the way but I'm sure without a warranty all dealers can be flexible on price). Incidentally it is also a late Facelift on a 06-plate and therefore has the higher road tax.

Dicky Grace's Facelift also looks nice but 26k looks v lumpy to me despite the mileage, plus it doesn't have Skyhook (unless Dicky has forgotten to mention it on the ad).

Simon

MAF260

...Dicky Grace's Facelift also looks nice but 26k looks v lumpy to me despite the mileage, plus it doesn't have Skyhook (unless Dicky has forgotten to mention it on the ad)...

IIRC all UK 4200s had Skyhook fitted. I'm sure somebody will collect me if I'm wrong.

Andyk

If so, although on the top side I don't think it's an unreasonable price for such a car - 28k miles only, fully spec'd car including Skyhook and xenons, all the bells and whistles. I paid similar money for my Facelift 18 months ago and it's a dream to drive and the best thing I have ever done car-wise, Infact my car has a similar history as mine was also originally supplied and maintained by GrayPaul Nottingham and now by Mathew at Giallo.

I'm not a lover of the car in black and especially with black interior I have to say, but that's just a personal thing. I'd go along and speak to Alistair, see the car and see how you feel then. I managed to negotiate about £1000 off (maybe £1500 I can't remember exactly) by buying the car without the 6 month dealer warranty as I'd had Mathew (Giallo) inspect it so I was comfortable it was a goodun' (I didn't buy from ADG by the way but I'm sure without a warranty all dealers can be flexible on price). Incidentally it is also a late Facelift on a 06-plate and therefore has the higher road tax.

Dicky Grace's Facelift also looks nice but 26k looks v lumpy to me despite the mileage, plus it doesn't have Skyhook (unless Dicky has forgotten to mention it on the ad).

Simon

And ADC will deal........

Andyk

Really...They do tend to drop the price if the car is sat there for some time....If it doesn't sell it will come down I am convinced.

D Walker

Thats what I am thinking,
Might be a bit different in Jan / Feb / Mar - means I can save more pennies!

Andyk

Yep, see how it goes...If still there then I would have thought you would get a better deal...

GeoffCapes

Simon

That's the one. As nice a car as it is. It's not for me I'm afraid.
I know Alistair will always do a deal, he's a car dealer after all.
If it were a different colour I might be more interested.

zagatoes30

IMO 4200 need to have contrasting exterior & interior finishes, it makes them that bit more special.