What other cars have you owned?

Fangio63

Well I suppose peeing neat alcohol would be a benefit in those circumstances..??

Im sure that was a factor... but I believe the remaining fuel in the tank would float ontop ..... allowing enough to get through those last few miles...

Can't say I've tried it in any other car mind you... But Mrs Fangio can undoubtedly regale you with embarrassing tales from this era at the xmas bash... It will only take her a few glasses to get started...

CatmanV2

Im sure that was a factor... but I believe the remaining fuel in the tank would float ontop ..... allowing enough to get through those last few miles...

Can't say I've tried it in any other car mind you... But Mrs Fangio can undoubtedly regale you with embarrassing tales from this era at the xmas bash... It will only take her a few glasses to get started...

Except accepted wisdom is that you pull fuel from the bottom of the tank for reasons which should be reasonably obvious :)

C

Fangio63

Except accepted wisdom is that you pull fuel from the bottom of the tank for reasons which should be reasonably obvious :)

C

you would think so... but on the tank - and I think most cars the exit fuel pipe was a gnats higher than the bottom of the tank.... I think simply for the purpose of not dragging any detritus in the petrol through the carb.... that few mm gap was enough to leave some residual fuel behind..... anyway it worked a treat on multiple occasions.. and is clearly puerile enough to be the basis for a "Top Gear Special ".... see what other cars it works on.....

Ian3200

First Car, Olive Green Austin Allegro...

Nothing so fancy as most of you... the bordom years, Cortinas, Sierras, Granadas (although the Granadas were great cars, 2.8i GhiaX then a Scorpio (electically reclining rear seats!)... Golf Mk1 Cabrio, BMW320i convertible, another Golf Cabrio, this time a Mk3 import with all mod cons not otherwise available over here like heated seats and aircon... blah blah... BMW330d convertible (daily now)...

CatmanV2

Seems I should chip in as well.
Alfa 116 Giulietta 2l
Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Automatic
Puegeot 205 XSi
Alfa 116 Giulietta 2l
Alfa Sprint 1.7
Alfa 75 3l
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3l V6 :)
Alfa 75 TS x2
Citroen BX Auto Diesel x2
Alfa 155 TS
Alfa 156 TS
Alfa 145 Green Cloverleaf
Alfa GTV TS
Alfa 166 V6 2.5
Alfa 156 V6 2.5
Alfa 147 TS
Alfa GT V6 3.2
Maserati 4200

Not sure they're all in the correct order, but I think that's them all

C

dunnah01

Crikey I never realised how eclectic my cars have been:

Mini 1000
Renault 5 Gordini
Mini Clubman 1275 GT
Datsun 150y
Austin Allegro 1500 Special Edition
Fiesta XR2 Mk1
Sierra XR4i V6 Janspeed Turbo
Sierra XR4X4 V6
Mini MG Metro
Banham 550 Spyder Kit
Porsche 944
BMW 520i
Porsche 911 3.0SC
Volvo 850
Fiat Cinquecento Sport
Mitsubishi FTO
Alfa GTV 2.0TS LPG
Land Rover Freelander 1.8 LPG
Fiesta XR2 Mk II 2.1 Turbo
MG Midget 1500 De-Bumpered Lightweight
Jaguar X-Type 2.5 Sport LPG
Maserati 3200GT
Freelander 2.0TD
Alfa 159 SW 3.2 Q4
Fiat 500L Classic

Andyk

Seems I should chip in as well.
Alfa 116 Giulietta 2l
Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Automatic
Puegeot 205 XSi
Alfa 116 Giulietta 2l
Alfa Sprint 1.7
Alfa 75 3l
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3l V6 :)
Alfa 75 TS x2
Citroen BX Auto Diesel x2
Alfa 155 TS
Alfa 156 TS
Alfa 145 Green Cloverleaf
Alfa GTV TS
Alfa 166 V6 2.5
Alfa 156 V6 2.5
Alfa 147 TS
Alfa GT V6 3.2
Maserati 4200

Not sure they're all in the correct order, but I think that's them all

C

145 Cloverleaf...Always loved that little car...

CatmanV2

Apparently the body panels are impossible to get.

It was Mrs Catman's. Bought from an AROC committee member with not many miles on it. Mint condition.
She managed to destroy the planetary gears in the bell housing, which impressed Jamie Porter no end.
Sadly an Essex Council contractor ran into the back of it while she was waiting at a junction. Car looked fine, then we tried to open the boot, and that was that.

Super thing. Such a shame.

C