QP-Is it a good car / deal

bigbob

4.7 auto GranTurismo start at £45k albeit a tad newer and lower miles for that but even so the QP looks attractive.

Andyk

Noticed it this morning and thought the price was pretty good for a 4.7. When you consider this is the starting point for a 4.2 GT and in this you get the better engine it feels like a better buy. NOt a fan og the wheels but then never liked them on the 4.2 GT....

D Walker

I know - I am normally down near there on weekends but elected to stay at home this weekend.
Could have went and looked it over.
Never really considered a QP as was set on a coupe but you never know!

As a QP owner, they are fab
I live not too far from Boroughbridge, the garage has a decent reputation,
If I can I will go tomorrow and have a look - out of interest only!!
d

D Walker

Ok Dave,

Let us know how it goes (or take me with you - lol) - I have dropped in there a few times - missed out on a Porsche - oops can I say that on here!

Chrisbassett

You don't "miss out" on Porsches it's more of a near miss...

That is a lovely looking car, and those guys know how to take good photos of it.

D Walker

You don't "miss out" on Porsches it's more of a near miss...

That is a lovely looking car, and those guys know how to take good photos of it.

Lol- you are of course correct - I started of looking for a Maserati - sort of wavered towards Porsche then noticed how many were on the roads.

Back to Maserati search!

Andyk

Oh Chris, some lovely Porsche at Combe yesterday......In fact a 997 Turbo I could see on my drive at some time...but yes they aren't a Maserati.

Hi all
Just got back from Boroughbridge to look at 2009QP
Mixed thoughts
Garage was good clean and full of exotica Aston Rapide, Bentleys, Grand Turismo AC Cobra etc
The stock must have totalled £1.5 million or so. Anyway to business
I went out of interest and a remote possibility I would upgrade from my 2007QP.
Colour looked better from a distance than it did close up and in the end I decided I did not like it (the colour)
Inside was Walnut trim which was ok but again I preferred my piano black trim.
The upholstery was very light unlike my tan so this was the nail in the coffin for me.
Exterior in front of the rear wheels at the sill was a plate added on that the 2007 model does not have
Apparently it is to protect from stone chips as the bodywork flares out a little in front of the wheels.
Thing is the added panel stands out and detracts from the lines.
The radiator grill is vertical bars not the mesh that I have
So all in all not for me, however, the salesman will talk PX and I looked at what I could underneath and all seemed well
The engine sounds excellent (though I did not drive it) and my summary would be good - just not for me
I think it is also overpriced by a couple of thousand. This is a dealer that has to keep his fine showroom overheads paid for so there may be room to haggle for a cash buyer
So there we have it, I think it will be a good car especially if you can get the price down a bit and live with the Blue exterior
Worth going, and have a look at their website.
d

bigbob

Wood is not to my taste but I still think it is a cheap car. Love the blue but then again it's the same colour as mine!

Dyer3200

Hi all
Mixed thoughts
Garage was good clean and full of exotica Aston Rapide, Bentleys, Grand Turismo AC Cobra etc
Colour looked better from a distance than it did close up and in the end I decided I did not like it (the colour)
The upholstery was very light unlike my tan so this was the nail in the coffin for me.
Exterior in front of the rear wheels at the sill was a plate added on that the 2007 model does not have
Apparently it is to protect from stone chips as the bodywork flares out a little in front of the wheels.
So all in all not for me, however, the salesman will talk PX and I looked at what I could underneath and all seemed well
The engine sounds excellent (though I did not drive it) and my summary would be good - just not for me
I think it is also overpriced by a couple of thousand. This is a dealer that has to keep his fine showroom overheads paid for so there may be room to haggle for a cash buyer
So there we have it, I think it will be a good car especially if you can get the price down a bit and live with the Blue exterior
d

Out of interest did he give a p/x price for yours

Andyk

Hi all
Mixed thoughts
d

The vertical grill for me really doesn't suit the face lifted car ..... The face lift GTS one looked much better......but no mesh on any of the face lifted cars.