Kent and Sussex Meet - Saturday 18th October

Contigo

Sponsor
Wtf are the Simon? Look like some kind of gay torture equipment? Is that really an exhaust mod for a 4200?

SimonCC

Phil you need to stop watching those dodgy movies... :)

The original resonator is on the left and the Larini H-pipe on the right - managed to get them together to snap in-between removing the original and fitting the H-pipe.

SimonCC

I've been wondering with mine whether it might be offensive to people driving behind, but driving behind yours, I liked the sound, didn't think it was too bad :luvit:

Ummmm - thanks Alex I'll keep it on for now then...

I really need somebody to drive it so I can hear it as others do - may call in one of you guys for this....

Alex you drove by when we stopped for petrol (after you left us to go though Tunbridge Wells) - a young lad and his dad on the pump next to me were enthralled with the car and the sound, they even waited to watch and hear me drive off. Have you had similar attention with yours as it does sound great...

SimonCC

Good to see you and the car Steve - yes pub worked well, am sure we'll revisit at some point. Was a great turn out, the record so far :)

Alex has suggested The Halfway House near Lewes which also looks like a decent venue and location.

AlexC

Ummmm - thanks Alex I'll keep it on for now then...

If you decide to let it go, I'm prepared to take it off your hands :)

Alex you drove by when we stopped for petrol (after you left us to go though Tunbridge Wells) - a young lad and his dad on the pump next to me were enthralled with the car and the sound, they even waited to watch and hear me drive off. Have you had similar attention with yours as it does sound great...

That's great to hear - still quite early ownership days for me, but so far it appears to generate positive reaction and interest

SimonCC

If you decide to let it go, I'm prepared to take it off your hands :)

OK Alex if I ever decide I want to change back to stock you can have first refusal, although it maybe that by that time you would have already got yourself one....

Your car also looks great - the silver with burgundy roof and interior is a great combination!

saintetienne

Alex I am glad you like it , wasn't always like that - I have been looking for this for a while and here is the photo: vintage 2006 , when the 32 arrived home :bart_simpson-226: :saifi3:

Simon : more than happy to do a drive by in your car - let me know if you need it

Halfway House is ok with me

Attachments

• Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 5

saintetienne

What a lovely car and colour....but them I am biased :)

Cheers Trev , you are right indi red is good - I was posting to show the horrendous job the previous owner had done on the wheels , I think he thought it was a 1600E ! pretty much the first job I did .

LDM 3200

Not that I would have the gold wheels but to be honest it did not look as bad as I'd imagined after talking to you. More Alan Mann racing or gold leaf lotus than 1600E.

Great looking car though and good to meet you!

saintetienne

Not that I would have the gold wheels but to be honest it did not look as bad as I'd imagined after talking to you. More Alan Mann racing or gold leaf lotus than 1600E.

Great looking car though and good to meet you!

Yes Lee - Gold Leaf Lotus that's a better analogy , there was a guy lived near my parents with a dodgy 1600E when I was growing up , it obviously affected me more than I thought !

Great to catch up with you and your car too .

Trev - I adjust my handbrake regularly , LOL , I had an incident with a Vitara some years ago - not long after we moved in :blushed:

SimonCC

Hi Lee

I'll send out an email hopefully tomorrow. I think we could be looking at last Saturday/Sunday in November. Possibly in the Lewes area - if so maybe as you pass this way a few cars can hook up to drive down in convoy.

Enjoy Goodwood tomorrow!