Supercar Rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoffCapes

Has anyone any experience of them?
They have a 4200 which has been for sale for while, which looks nice, but is a bit top heavy.

Thought I'd see if anyone had any opinions on them before trekking from one side of the country to the other.

Cheers.

philw696

Great people and very knowledgeable.
Their showrooms and workshops well worth a visit.
Phil.

GeoffCapes

Would it be still worth getting an inspection on one of their cars or are they reliable enough not to sell you a diff motor?
Or is it always worth getting an inspection?

philw696

Go and see their set up and me personally knowing these guys who are all factory trained it would be insulting to get someone to inspect their cars.
Phil.

DaveT

Good set up there.

I went to see them last year as they had my original 4200 for sale on someones behalf. Wasn't shifting though.

Seemed like good guys. Which 4200 is it they have for sale as I cant see on their site?

DaveT

Looks v nice.

It's not my first 4200 - I would have steered you away from that one!

DaveT

Not exactly Dem.

It was lovely when I had it 2008-2009 and wanted for nothing TLC wise, but when I went to see it last year it was in a shocking state. To be fair, the guy at SCR said as much himself.
Interior and exterior tatty - hadn't been looked after at all.

I was thinking of buying it back to keep alongside the GS Spyder but changed my mind rapidly.

Real shame.

GeoffCapes

that's good...I did think it was pricey for a 2004 but it has a lot of work done to it

No mention of the clutch though. I guess it depends on what the £10k has been spent on.

As long as it's not crash repair I guess it can only be positive.

Andyk

I have heard nothing but get stuff about the SCR.......Worth a visit...They have some lovely stock as well..

dem maser

No mention of the clutch though. I guess it depends on what the £10k has been spent on.

As long as it's not crash repair I guess it can only be positive.

At 16k if it could be had for that its a good buy but as you get to 20k a GS becomes more appealing

Andyk

Hard to find a GS under25k these days Dem...Cheapest one is a black one at 24500 at the moment....remember when there was a few for sale just over 20k...Feels like those days are gone...

Contigo

Sponsor
Apart from one that went for 19k recently namely in this forum. But generally they hold their value quite well.

Andyk

Not sure Geoff...44k on the clock, service before delivery and a faec lift car price doesn't seem to far off the mark......Some are now asking over 20k for a face lift 4200. If clutch is good I think it looks a good car and love it or hate it its a rare vintage pack car.......Well worth a look I think.

philw696

Seriously guys these are some of the best guys out there with a set up to rival main dealers.
Get yourself over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.