Couple of newbie questions

AndyW

Hi all.
Just looking for some pointers on my new Stradale please:

It has Bose sound system and in the instruction book it says on the sound settings page once you scroll through base, treble etc there should be options such as audio pilot level but I don't seem to have these?? Can anyone with a similar age / version confirm please?
The bonnet is quite tricky to get to release on the cable pull. Is this "normal" on these or should I get it adjusted?
The oil level when cold is right at the bottom of the dipstick. When warm seems ok but as it's brand new difficult to read it as the oil is very clear. Dealler tells me to check when warm but the handbook doesn't specify so though I would check with the experts :)

Thanks in advance
Andy

bigbob

Welcome.

My understanding is that oil is checked warm in the normal way - c10 mins after switch off from a decent run - and the audio pilot is a N/A market option I think. My bonnet opens fine.

midlifecrisis

Auto pilot sounds to me like an speed related volume control, the faster you go the more road noise the stereo volume goes up. It's in the 4200's standard NIT audio package so I'm surprised that it'll be not included on the Bose system.

As for oil checking, the engine is dry sump therefore must be checked warm as BigBob says.

BigR

Auto pilot sounds to me like an speed related volume control, the faster you go the more road noise the stereo volume goes up. It's in the 4200's standard NIT audio package so I'm surprised that it'll be not included on the Bose system.

As for oil checking, the engine is dry sump therefore must be checked warm as BigBob says.

I have this on my Bose which is an MC Cabrio, and believe that it was part of the Bose package, rather than an additional upgrade.

MikeyMaser

Hi all.
It has Bose sound system and in the instruction book it says on the sound settings page once you scroll through base, treble etc there should be options such as audio pilot level but I don't seem to have these?? Can anyone with a similar age / version confirm please?

I have a 2010 GT S MC Shift with Bose Surround System. I don't have the other options. TBH, I think it's a bit **** compared to other manufacturers premium sound systems but I don't care as I've hardly had the audio on!

BigR

I have a 2010 GT S MC Shift with Bose Surround System. I don't have the other options. TBH, I think it's a bit **** compared to other manufacturers premium sound systems but I don't care as I've hardly had the audio on!

I concur with this view! On my 4.2 I used to use the stereo a fair amount (and paid for an aftermarket upgrade), but the Bose system is 'ok' (similar to the standard system in my Volvo) and it'll do the job as most of the time I'm listening to the exhaust :excellent:

bigbob

There is speed related volume control but it's not called that.

Personally I'm happy with the standard audio - I just turn the bass up!

AndyW

I dont seem to have the speed dependent bit although it talks about it in the manual. Sounds ok and better than the Bose system in my Cayenne. Best non after market sound systems I have heard are the Rangerover Logic systems. Sound lovely but then nothing is as good as the Stradale exhaust :D