My custom cat-bypass job and a couple of videos

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Yes, it is already properly loud as is. Regarding the valves, for some unknown reason they don't work anymore. I think I opened a thread about it someplace. They used to... At some point when they didn't I found at a vacuum pipe was disconnected from the valve on the muffler. This said, plugging it back did not make it work again...

So I am always running it with valves open, which is perfect :)

I would not be against modifying the back boxes but could only do that if I had my vacuum valves work. Since I'd like to keep the "standard volume" the same as now.

Have a look at the appropriate fuse in the fuse box diagram, IIRC, it's the very bottom one on the list. The valves on Hexadexs GS didn't work, so we worked through the system and proved it worked ok but when we looked at the fuse, it was gone! Putting a new one in sorted the problem and now they work perfectly. A cheap fix and well worth a a look.

Hexadex

Have a look at the appropriate fuse in the fuse box diagram, IIRC, it's the very bottom one on the list. The valves on Hexadexs GS didn't work, so we worked through the system and proved it worked ok but when we looked at the fuse, it was gone! Putting a new one in sorted the problem and now they work perfectly. A cheap fix and well worth a a look.
yes I can attest to the fact that the fuse was missing must have been taken out by the previous owner.

ecarca

Unfortunately I did already... I don't know why. They were working perfectly, then after installing my x-pipe they didn't work anymore. Could it be possible that the unplugged pipe cause the vacuum actuator to die?

ecarca

I am removing the fuel tank this saturday morning to inspect the fuel pumps. Maybe a good cleaning will solve the tiny problem I have under 1500 rpm with MAF plugged...
At the same time, I'll try to check what happens at the actuator in terms of voltage. Then I'll probably know if it comes from there or not. Let's see! I decided to tackle all my small problems one by one. She's almost back to her past glory ;)

ecarca

I checked last week-end, there is voltage and vacuum coming at the actuator; but nothing good, so it is dead. I purchased a used one from eurospares, should receive it sometime next week with 3 of the coils.