LDM 3200

If you consider the SM was available from 1970 and looked like this:

citroen-sm1.jpg

Yet this featured as a car from the future in a TV series from 1970:

UFO_ResponsibilitySeat_059.jpg

The SM looks good even today

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Just seen a really clean one in the Schlumpf museum and it was just as bad as all the rest. Looks like it was designed by a 3 year old with ADHD, using crayons. No matter how 'retro' it is considered to be today, IMO, it's still a pile of poo.

Parisien

Just seen a really clean one in the Schlumpf museum and it was just as bad as all the rest. Looks like it was designed by a 3 year old with ADHD, using crayons. No matter how 'retro' it is considered to be today, IMO, it's still a pile of poo.

....without poo Ian..........we'd all be goners.......

Seriously underestimated.......at the bottom of the J curve, good'uns to be had around the 20K mark.....

P

alfatan

lots of good and not so good response then. :) I have to admit though a looker it isn't, a rare collectible car it probably is. :)

Pibbow

Frank I'll ask my old man but think its unlikely as he has not got many photos of his wedding let alone cars. It was a class motor very quick and uber smooth ride. I understand the negative posts but when your 6 years old and your dad picks you up from school in one
of those when everyone else gets a ride home in a humber or Morris minor you know it's a good day! Just shown him the picture and he said " best car I ever had son" don't often see an 86 year old's eyes glint like a boy racer! Made his day.

Parisien

Magic Peter.......lovely to hear, even better to imagine those days from long ago, coming back to life in an instant.

P

Pibbow

Yep mate even thought of going for it! I know must be mad especially when I already have an xm 30 sei half finished....... It was his last car I have had it for 16 years still starts first time although it needs a hydraulic pump belt so not moved for two years. Always remember the day he came home in the replacement Jag I was by then 9 and thought good grief what have you done.... LOL.

Parisien

Madness is good.........................people will only be talking about the XM in the 2040s...........they'll talk about the SM....NOW!

Providing usual stuff has been put right, and doesn't need bodywork done, the hydraulics are very similar to DS........piece of PI55!

P

Contigo

Sponsor
The thing is you have to appreciate all era's. The Citroen Years were limited in duration but you could argue they saved them from going to the wall and that this SM where Maserati was even named on the cam covers was a blessing. The Bora also came out of the partnership.

LDM 3200

The Merak, Bora and SM were all cool cars from that era. The Merak had the same engine although in 3.0L form.

Found this for those who prefer safer styling and a bit more "Honda-ised"

HondaInsight.jpg

zagatoes30

Really fancy an SM, I love cars that split opinions you have so many interesting conversations with lovers and haters