help , won't start

CatmanV2

Stick your finger in. I think it's an overflow type thing. You fill it until it overflows.

C

Gp79

If you have the boot lining out and some access it would be worth wiggling as much of the wring loom as you can reach to make sure there isn't a loose connection.

Do this with the ignition on and see if the pump does cut in.

See pic below it might help

IMG_1018.jpg

Zep

It strikes me that if the pump works and the relay is new, the reason it isn't priming is a lack of a signal from the ECU.

I'd put your meter on the signal side of the relay block and see if there is power there.

Gp79

Another point.

Can you hear the relay click when the ignition or door is opened? you'll need help here so you can put your head near the relay!

Also check the battery positive connections are tight, think 3 in total plus main terminal clamp.

Will2278

Thanks guys. I'm heading home from work early this afternoon, I'll try all the above.

If it's a no-go still I'll ask the AA to take me to Nottingham, then brace myself for some ridiculous price from the garage.

Still, the car does look nice. ha

domibln

Didn't read the entire thread, but did you check the fuse?
If pump, fuse and relay are ok, the search for the cause starts to get complicated. Especially without SD2 which would help you to read error codes and view live data, such as hydraulic pressure. The pump relay is controlled by the TCU considering a few factors and parameters from other ECUs of the car. Probably wiring diagrams will be necessary for the further search.