Handbrake shoes relining

conaero

Forum Owner
Gary, previously of Belfast Brakes has set up a new company, GB Bonding.

He has agreed to offer the same rate of £35 inc of VAT and return delivery for relining of 3200/4200/GranSport/Spyder shoes:

Oaksville
73 Ballycrochan Road
Bangor
Co/Down
BT19 6 NF
Northern Ireland
Tel. 07545 382229

Email. info@gbbonding.co.uk
www.gbbonding.co.uk

shoe03.jpg

NickP

Great! I am just about to start fitting new disks all round so this will come in very handy. Thanks Matt

conaero

Forum Owner
So noted. Are there a spare pair of shoes around, did I hear, once?

C

Been there, done this and there are 2 different widths believe it or not so the recommended procedure is to remove yours and send them away to be sure you get the right ones.

Parisien

Great to see hes still in business after all the comings and goings.....!

Still a great offer courtesy of Matt and GB Bonding

P

ajb101

Mine is ridiculously useless. Hill parking is not really a safe option, so thanks for this, I believe mine is in dire need!

conaero

Forum Owner
Mine is ridiculously useless. Hill parking is not really a safe option, so thanks for this, I believe mine is in dire need!

When you take the rear discs off you will probably find the usual of the shoes de laminated and flopping around in the drum. It will literally fall to pieces when you remove them.

Also check for stressed or distorted cables and the plate that the shoes lever themselves off of, it has a habit of braking and cost something ridiculous like £35 for a new piece of bent tin.

HBRAKE10.jpg

conaero

Forum Owner
Promo video and see we get a mention::

[video=youtube;ES2ZMRy3Vao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES2ZMRy3Vao&sns=em[/video]

Parisien

When you take the rear discs off you will probably find the usual of the shoes de laminated and flopping around in the drum. It will literally fall to pieces when you remove them.

Also check for stressed or distorted cables and the plate that the shoes lever themselves off of, it has a habit of braking and cost something ridiculous like £35 for a new piece of bent tin.

View attachment 13621

True Matt....various bits fell off and broke off when I refurbed mine, luckily David Askew had some good 2nd hand parts...the quality is appalling...wouldn't get that in a Lancia........;)

P

P

Last edited:

conaero

Forum Owner
Mine will be on there way to Garry in a weeks time, just got to strip them off the car.

stradaman

There are lots of companies, all over UK, that will do re-lining. For example, this company used to be on my doostep. Same day re-line.
http://www.traffordbrake.co.uk/products.html#
Why use a company 100's miles away. There will be a local one.
Also, those shoes in pic, look like Fiat/Alfa types. Anyone contacted a Motorfactors, to see if they can be matched up?

Andy

SteveM

I recently used GB Bonding to reline my rear shoes and I have to say I was really impressed with turn around and communication. Posted on Tuesday and back with me by Friday