Head Unit / NIT Manual for a 4200?

rossyl

Hi,

Does anyone have a link to a manual for the head unit (NIT) in the 4200 in 2004 time period?

My manual had gotten wet and was consequently not the easiest read, I think "someone" may have "helpfully" regarding this battered book as past its best and binned it!!! Yes, I know.

If anyone has a link to an online PDF, or has a spare copy, that would be great.

Thanks,
R

delmuir

Did you ever get a manual for the Info Center ?
I just picked up my car today, and guess what ? Mine was missing too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

CraigWaterman11

Sponsor
Does it look like this?
IMAG0977.jpg

CatmanV2

Hmm, that's new to me. Is it any better translated than the section in the owner's manual?

C

MAF260

Did you ever get a manual for the Info Center ?
I just picked up my car today, and guess what ? Mine was missing too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Feel free to introduce yourself and show off your new ride.

delmuir

I think that's the one.

I'm sure a lot of the guys on here would appreciate a copy.
Or maybe you could scan it to PDF ??? If it's not too much trouble.

CraigWaterman11

Sponsor
@Cat Yes it has a lot of detailed information, I didn't really look in comparison to the owner's manual but it seems the whole book is dedicated to all the various details of just this system.

@Delmuir I agree with MAF260 please introduce yourself and share your car. It's a great forum many people are more than willing to help if you have problems now or later. Let me see what I can do for you and Rossyl. What I am not saying is I would violate copyright material and stick it on the forum as I could get myself or someone else in trouble on the forum and possibly kicked off. I ran into a slight issue when on the U.S. forum I taught the forum members how to gut their Primary Cats (U.S. spec cars only) which though we have been doing it for years is actually against some federal laws, well except for track cars. Read between the lines, and always use discretion on the forums. Let me see what I can do.

CatmanV2

I for one could not possibly condone the violation of copyright, no matter how much I would like to see the contents :)

C

CraigWaterman11

Sponsor
....ROFL....Cat... me either.....well except for the fact we bought the car in the first place. You know it should just be a given where if you are looking for Nav. discs (this issue came up across the river as well) or any printed material that was lost they should either offer it free of charge or at a really discounted rate. It's not like the price of the car wasn't paid for well over when it was originally purchased. But as sure as I am alive if we stuck the PDF copy of the manuals or Info Center on the forum someone would pitch a fit. I mean I'm not saying that I'm not going to upload it to PDF form so I can have it case I need a back up copy. That's perfectly legal of course. But if I put it on the web.....well.....anyway. So as soon as I get it copied I will PM the persons interested and email it to them. I mean I WON'T email it to them....again that would be "copyright infringement"!:omg:

CatmanV2

....ROFL....Cat... me either.....well except for the fact we bought the car in the first place. You know it should just be a given where if you are looking for Nav. discs (this issue came up across the river as well) or any printed material that was lost they should either offer it free of charge or at a really discounted rate. It's not like the price of the car wasn't paid for well over when it was originally purchased. But as sure as I am alive if we stuck the PDF copy of the manuals or Info Center on the forum someone would pitch a fit. I mean I'm not saying that I'm not going to upload it to PDF form so I can have it case I need a back up copy. That's perfectly legal of course. But if I put it on the web.....well.....anyway. So as soon as I get it copied I will PM the persons interested and email it to them. I mean I WON'T email it to them....again that would be "copyright infringement"!:omg:

Glad to hear you won't be infringing copyright in that manner, mate :)

C

CraigWaterman11

Sponsor
Hey would the guys who wanted a PDF copy of this PM your email address so I can send it to you. It took about an hour but I got it. Did the best I could with a home scanner. Office work isn't my strong suit, I would have rather been working on a Volkswagon.