Man seeks GranSport for tempestuous relationship

MikeyMaser

Hi Chaps

Been lurking on here for a while...

I sold my 2010 Golf R in May 2012 with the idea of replacing it with a shed and something sporty for the weekends. Well, I've had the shed (Alfa Romeo 156 SW) a while and been looking for a nice GranSport.

I initially spotted this one at Dicky Grace cars:
http://www.richardgracecars.co.uk/listing/maserati-gransport-le-3/

But the price seemed a little high even though it's clearly in mint condition (currently owned by someone very well known at Autoshield)

I've now got my eyes on this one:
http://www.alexandersprestige.co.uk/maserati-gransport-42-v8-le-auto

Sits well within my £30K budget and go to look at it tomorrow. What do you chaps think? Anything I should look out for when viewing and test driving?

Cheers
Mike

Last edited:

saywellhq

Hi Mike,

This is a thread on your Red GS @ Alexanders Prestige

http://www.sportsmaserati.co.uk/showthread.php/8243-Well-Priced-GS-anyone?

I dont own a GS, but have been looking at prices for a while. £30k gets you in at the top end of the market and should get you a LE spec. Have a look through the forum over the last few weeks - there have been plenty of talk on GS and specs.

I'd talk to Dicky if i was you as he seems to know most cars even if he is not selling them - personally he would be my first point of call for Maserati sales.

Andy

Parisien

Hi Mike, nice to see you on the verge of joining the fold....:)

As ever an indie inspection will reveal all.......costs £200-300...could unveil a host of problems and negotiating points of £2-4K!!

Usual when buying car re numbers/paperwork......then when was clutch last changed £1.5-2 K bill

Brakes, suspension...all costly but less so due to effort of guys on this forum

Annual service combined with mileage services........needs to be a min of one per annum

Hard braking will throw up a few issues if present, try in all modes...esp sport for quicker gearchange

As ever if it drives well and looks well and has a good sheaf of invoices....1/2 ways there

And to repeat myself....indie inspection....best few pounds you will ever spend!!!!

P

MikeyMaser

Thanks Andy... that's very helpful.

I've spoken to Dicky but the only one he has is the blue one @ £32K and there's no movement on price.

MikeyMaser

Hi Mike, nice to see you on the verge of joining the fold....:)

As ever an indie inspection will reveal all.......costs £200-300...could unveil a host of problems and negotiating points of £2-4K!!

Usual when buying car re numbers/paperwork......then when was clutch last changed £1.5-2 K bill

Brakes, suspension...all costly but less so due to effort of guys on this forum

Annual service combined with mileage services........needs to be a min of one per annum

Hard braking will throw up a few issues if present, try in all modes...esp sport for quicker gearchange

As ever if it drives well and looks well and has a good sheaf of invoices....1/2 ways there

And to repeat myself....indie inspection....best few pounds you will ever spend!!!!

P

Thanks P... I had an indie inspection done on a 911 I nearly purchased a few years ago. It actually scared me off! Not sure if there's anyone local who can do an indie inspection?!?!

The car's had a full service very recently and the clutch was changed. The last owner had it 5 years and bought it as an ex-demonstrator. Condition I am assured is excellent and equal to the grey one they have which I've already viewed and discounted (because it's not LE spec).

Woody

.....equal to the grey one they have which I've already viewed and discounted (because it's not LE spec).

I'm not sure the red one is LE spec, though it does look to have a lot of the LE spec items. One thing its missing from LE spec is the saetta badges on the rear quarters. From the ad, it does look like a nice car.

The blue one at Richard Graces was at the Autoitalia day.....even in the pouring rain it looked great. Its top money for a GS but its a tidy one. I fancy the plate off it, but already have more plates than cars!

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
They're on the rear wing by the petrol cap and one on the other side too obviously, or it would look daft!

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
I'm not sure the red one is LE spec, though it does look to have a lot of the LE spec items. One thing its missing from LE spec is the saetta badges on the rear quarters. From the ad, it does look like a nice car.

The blue one at Richard Graces was at the Autoitalia day.....even in the pouring rain it looked great. Its top money for a GS but its a tidy one. I fancy the plate off it, but already have more plates than cars!

G5PRT is still available, £1000