Little squeaky bugger

urbanmaser

I have a continual squeak coming from the back of the gransport at low speeds and it is driving me round the bend

2b1ask1

Special case
Urby,

Check your rear view mirror for a little old lady trying to get past!!! :)

lozcb

Join a quality forum and get a quality reply................invaluable help ....thank you

Everytime mate , on a more serious note how far back is the squeak , my bet its probably your wallet :saifi::saifi::saifi::saifi::saifi:

Love yer really Urby

regards loz

conaero

Forum Owner
Seriously though, it's a rear suspension bush and as Dem says, from not being driven enough.

After driving in heavy rain you will find that it goes temporarily.

urbanmaser

The squeak does not sound like a suspension squeek but more like it is in keeping with one or both of the rear wheels going around. Me thinks maybe still a handbrake problem.

As for birdcage it can't be that .......I removed his tongue and taped up his beak before putting him in the boot. That will probably earn me yet another strike :tomato9:

conaero

Forum Owner
The squeak does not sound like a suspension squeek but more like it is in keeping with one or both of the rear wheels going around. Me thinks maybe still a handbrake problem.

As for birdcage it can't be that .......I removed his tongue and taped up his beak before putting him in the boot. That will probably earn me yet another strike :tomato9:

Ah, you never said it was a rotary noise, yes, thats your handbrake for sure, time for some new ones.

I suspect the shoe liners have come adrift or are starting to brake up. You also need to ins pet the tin plate the handbrake levers off, they crack and this can cause the squeeling.

They are stupid price for a bent bit of tin about £30, but it is escential.

urbanmaser

At last a sensible answer to what I thought was a sensible question. Thank you Matt. Any idea what sort of cost I am in for from HR Owen???

hashluck

Ah, you never said it was a rotary noise, yes, thats your handbrake for sure, time for some new ones.

I suspect the shoe liners have come adrift or are starting to brake up. You also need to ins pet the tin plate the handbrake levers off, they crack and this can cause the squeeling.

They are stupid price for a bent bit of tin about £30, but it is escential.

Holy thread resurrection I know but I have this issue (after handbrake was 'adjusted' to pass MOT) and wondering if any more pointers on what specifically to look for. Shoes are new(ish) and everything has been cleaned in the rear hubs but I am wondering about the bent bit of tin. Part no?

Thanks

hashluck

Anyone any experience of this squeaking noise?

Shoes are nearly new and handbrake was 'cleaned and adjusted' by MD for MOT pass and now has this noise. They want the car back but also want to strip out the centre console to look at the lever end of things which I am not too keen on without being sure it is a good idea.

I will also try the handbrake clean up procedure I found on here "rolling along at about 20 mph pull the handbrake on firmly till you feel it dragging for about five to ten seconds and release, give it a minute to disperse heat and repeat three or four times, it settles the shoes and beds them in as well as polishing them up a bit. "