Punto

GransportFan1

You ******* Judas....where you been? Shagging someones mum? Haha hope your well

Ha ha. Not quite, partly correct but not the mum bit. Was going all swimmingly , seeing this bird from work but her nutter of an ex BF made things a bit complicated and things have cooled off. Hopefully things will work out.

Yes all good. Like I said, browsing and not posting....... What you driving at the min Dem, German Whip ? ;)

dem maser

Ha ha. Not quite, partly correct but not the mum bit. Was going all swimmingly , seeing this bird from work but her nutter of an ex BF made things a bit complicated and things have cooled off. Hopefully things will work out.

Yes all good. Like I said, browsing and not posting....... What you driving at the min Dem, German Whip ? ;)

My Maser and a Panda for work.....

Andyk

Thought i would update this thread. Still browsing on here of course but i should post a lot more often. Well i have a new (to me) car arriving on Friday. Renault Clio 197 Cup. I can't wait.

pics from the dealers website......
pic38-1.jpg

pic38-3.jpg

pic38-2.jpg

So before anyone asks....... why the Clio. Well...........

I narrowed my choices to the following....Corsa VXR, Civic Type R (breadvan shape), Clio 197 and Focus ST. Test drove all of them and the Corsa was by far the worst; i don't know what Vauxhall did but it felt like a 1.2 Corsa with a load of torque; the handling felt so sloppy. The Focus i liked an awful lot especially that engine note....5 cylinder turbo i couldn't help but think of Group B but with an average consumption of 22mpg i would be broke. Civic was good fun but ultimately i fancied something a bit newer and as an overall design i think it has dated quite badly. So that left me with the Clio; my car is a Cup which consists of a 20kg weight saving (mine doesn't have A/C), 7mm lower ride height, stiffer springs (27% front and 30% rear) and 10% stiffer dampers. On the test drive it felt so alert and chuckable on the twisty A roads within 2 minutes i knew this was the car for me. The engine is superb, very eager to rev and the gearbox is so precise i can understand why so many people rate the Clio as the class leading car. So..... all i have to do now is wait another 2 days and she's all mine. The Punto will be up for sale within the next 10 days so if anyone on here wants a cheap runabout, let me know.

Adam lovely car and def the best choice from the ones you mentioned...A friend had one and they are loads of fun......So with this you will be coming along to one of the track days then ?

philw696

Adam French mate hope it doesn't bite you in the ar5e mate.
Horrible to work on and I thought you would of stayed Italian.
Nice to see you again mate.
Phil.

GransportFan1

I will consider a trackday at some point.

There was nothing Italian that I wanted Phil, the 500 Abarth Essesse is nice but a good one is 9k. I paid £6350 for the clio and it has just had the all expensive cambelt done.

Andyk

Don't think you would get any more fun in a hot natch for the money Adam...Certainly not in any thng Italian....enjoy...