Spark plug change

CatmanV2

Thanks everyone. I still got no reply from that vendor, but they sent me an email saying the order is shipped.

I will report back when I install them. Should I expect a noticeable difference in performance, or is this just one of those things to do that gives you peace of mind that you're using the best parts you can buy?

I will be massively surprised if there is any change in performance at all, unless your old plugs were completely shot. If it give you piece of mind, all good :)

C

2b1ask1

Special case
I can report better starting and improved throttle response when I put mine in and this continues; feels crisper...

Parisien

Ordinary NGKs seem not of the highest quality, ie they seemed to be changed more often than they should when I get car serviced, leakage etc

P

ratirati

I haven't pulled a plug yet to check, but the owner's manual says they're NGK PMR8A. In any case, I feel it would be good to change them out at 25k miles, since I'm pretty sure I'm still using the original plugs. I should at least pull one, to check it's condition.

There must be a reason why Formula Dynamics sells the Denso Iridium Power spark plugs as an upgrade. However, they want $150 for a set of eight! I've found them much cheaper elsewhere.

Last edited:

hodroyd

If the NGK's are on 25K miles, they are more than likely ready for a change and I would imagine you will notice a difference with new plugs anyway..!!

hodroyd

No they have to be the right plugs, otherwise you are wasting your time, I would imagine new NGK's, or Denso's would be a big improvement on plugs that had done 25K miles..!!

hodroyd

That's interesting, I will check what the issue was so that we can put the answer on here..!!

Parisien

I am my own man Rob.........completely free to say as I want........................................Mdme P, Marios and Matt being asked first though

P

hodroyd

Hahaha, I take your point..!! That's a surprise if the plug is designed the same size wise as the NGK..??

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Speaking from personal experience, the Iridiums I have in have worked perfectly so far and I will be fitting them next time as well.