Reading error codes on an early 3200GT

alanpat

Thanks to redsonnylee for sending me the unidiag software. I followed the instructions and installed the drivers from the cd that came with the connecting cables and everything worked great. deleted six codes and am now waiting to see what comes back. What a lifesaver

redsonnylee

Thanks to redsonnylee for sending me the unidiag software. I followed the instructions and installed the drivers from the cd that came with the connecting cables and everything worked great. deleted six codes and am now waiting to see what comes back. What a lifesaver
Fantastic news, I used to keep a spare laptop in my old 3200 all the time for this reason.

Great to hear you are all sorted.

dt95aac

Hello, I already have an ELM327 OBD to USB cable, could I please also have this instructional PM? :)

ph646

Hi all. I also have an error code. My 1999 GT came with the a set of leads and a mini CD disc with the software. Unfortunately the CD is damaged and unreadable.

Could I have the software too please.

P

dt95aac

I've been having trouble communicating with the ecu in a 3200.
It's an Assetto Corsa which in theory should have full OBD2 communications but I have not been able to connect to the ecu.

I'm using and ELM327 adapter and I have tried both Unidiag which redsonnylee kindly sent me and a couple of the standard OBD2 viewers like EOBD-facile and OBDwiz.

I know the adapter to pc connection works as I have succesfully diagnosed the ecu of other (non Maserati) cars but the 3200 ecu refuses to communicate.

Is there anything obvious I could be missing here?

Could the ecu of the car have been swapped for an earlier version by a previous owner?

jasst

When my GS had a problem with EML coming on, we could not get anything to communicate with ecu, it turned out that a fuse that controls the Lambdas had blown, replaced that and communication was restored, different model I know, bur may be of help giving you something to look for.

Oneball

Have you tried an actual OBD scanner rather than a pc/phone emulator? There can be so many port settings/drivers/etc on the software based stuff you can not always be sure where a communication issue lies.
Eg

Attachments

• 7135056E-F995-4E28-A327-2A67A0E06134.jpeg
    7135056E-F995-4E28-A327-2A67A0E06134.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 6

rs48635

Have you tried an actual OBD scanner rather than a pc/phone emulator? There can be so many port settings/drivers/etc on the software based stuff you can not always be sure where a communication issue lies.
Eg
My own Asseto Corsa will talk with at least two types of cheap OBD scanner like ^^^

davy83

I got this one to work on my 3200
The ELM software one of the owners tried recently seems to work too. I have a copy but have not tried it.

Tim A.

Hi! I new here from the Netherlands. Just bought a 3200GT.
Does anybody have the files for me? I have both the cables, because already had a lot of Alfa's :).

It runs good, just want to check the ECU, see if everything is OK. Sometimes get the ENGINE CHECK light and goes off with the next start. But ERROR doesn't go away by itself. So next step, check the suspension.

Many thanks in advance.

redsonnylee

Hi! I new here from the Netherlands. Just bought a 3200GT.
Does anybody have the files for me? I have both the cables, because already had a lot of Alfa's :).

It runs good, just want to check the ECU, see if everything is OK. Sometimes get the ENGINE CHECK light and goes off with the next start. But ERROR doesn't go away by itself. So next step, check the suspension.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Tim, yes I’ll be back home after my dog walk so I’ll PM you in about an hour with some instructions.

Massimo3200

Hello Everyone,
I am the lucky owner of a Giallo 3200 GT date of birth in August 2000 with OBD port but requiring the very expensive SD2 or SD3 system from Maserati which is very hard to find now. I think I am on the appropriate forum. Do you have any clue to download the software aka the Grail? Many thanks

redsonnylee

Hello Everyone,
I am the lucky owner of a Giallo 3200 GT date of birth in August 2000 with OBD port but requiring the very expensive SD2 or SD3 system from Maserati which is very hard to find now. I think I am on the appropriate forum. Do you have any clue to download the software aka the Grail? Many thanks

You have a PM with the files.

williamsmix

I tried to connect up to my new 3200 yesterday. I found the 3 pin FIAT style diagnostic port in the drivers footwell, removed the plastic cover from it and tried to push in the 3 pin plug on the end of the cable I've bought. Unfortunately, I found that the pins are far too wide to go into the socket. I even removed the red plastic cover from the end of the connector and it still wouldn't connect. A Google search revealed that this is a fairly common problem. So I now have to find a 3 pin to OBD2 lead that will actually fit, which is not an easy task when shopping on line as the images presented are of no help. If anyone knows where I can get a lead that will actually fit then please let me know.