NIT units or What's in the arm rest of a 4200?

safrane

Does your NIT display the telephone antenna icon on the Infotainment screen?

if not you do not have softwear installed on the NIT although all cars had a slot...just not the hardware in the slot of softwear in the NIT.

Gp79

Need some assistance please
Anyone have a photo of the rear of the NIT unit.
I have one connector which I can’t find a home for, see below.
It looks like it belongs in the middle of the blue and yellow plugs, but have tried here on various pins / ways round but doesn’t seem to fit any

appreciate the help

Gp79

Are you sure it's for the NIT and not the ash tray or wing mirror unit?
Thanks, yes I have those two connectors where they need to be.
Unfortunately didn’t take a photo as it looked pretty obvious when removing everything. But that was 3 months ago now

spkennyuk

It looks like it belongs in the middle of the blue and yellow plugs, but have tried here on various pins / ways round but doesn’t seem to fit any

appreciate the help

View attachment 108253
View attachment 108254

I dont think that cable is for the NIT.

The cable that fits in the middle is for the cd multichanger from memory.

The spare plug you have is only 2 pin not the 5/6 pin that fits that socket.

Possibly bulb for the ashtray or similar as said already.

Bare NIT picture below.108258

Gp79

I dont think that cable is for the NIT.

The cable that fits in the middle is for the cd multichanger from memory.

The spare plug you have is only 2 pin not the 5/6 pin that fits that socket.

Possibly bulb for the ashtray or similar as said already.

Bare NIT picture below.View attachment 108258

View attachment 108258
Thanks for the photos.
The spare wire is on the same loom as the other connectors next to the fuse so think it is NIT related.
Couple more pics below.

Costas

appreciate the help

View attachment 108253
View attachment 108254
I know this is an older post but as someone who gets really bugged by things like this I wanted to provide an answer so the information is available for others. I can't tell you exactly what it does but I can tell you where it goes. It runs to the rear of the car and the other end can be found in the far coner where the CD changer is located in the boot (trunk). I believe it may be for vehicles that have a Diversity box installed as it's cabled tied along with two others (one is radio aerial cable and the other a phone aerial cable) and they also run to the front. Their other (probably disconnected) ends can be found near the handbrake under the center console. So the upshot is that unless you have a Diversity unit which is usually attached to the right hand side of the CD Changer then you don't need to worry about that cable or the the other two either.

HTAFC4200

Thanks for the guide. Just done this, found where liquid has obviously got to the nit unit and that the plastic front part has been broken previously.

RussBird82

Just removed the console with a view to removing and repairing bezel covering the Sat Nav and I found this earthing wire. Can anyone tell me which parts of the console it needs to connect to as the parts diagram only shows one connection and it wasn't connected when I disassembled.

Attachments

• IMG_20230929_115454_692.jpg
    IMG_20230929_115454_692.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20230929-174004~2.png
    Screenshot_20230929-174004~2.png
    297.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Costas

I believe it goes from the rear left crew under the NIT unit to screw 10 on the parts diagram. As the NIT unit is shock isolated with rubber mounts there is not direct earth connection to any metal. I don't think the brackets it attaches to have a connection to the chassis/body earth either. The rear most bracket of the centre console does screw in to the chassis/body though so that's how it gets its earth.