The Portuguese Lancia Aurelia B12 1955 Series II

Parisien

Lol......original guy.......was reasonable......the guy who will take over ie ( the 1st of 3 guys to be asked) is also reasonable, but the quote for then painting it a bit too high, so if he finishes body work and also paints it, was hoping for a better all in price

P

Parisien

It just needs fettling Rob....don't want to shaft the guy............or maybe he wants to shaft me.........;)

P

Parisien

So, as it turns out my body man hadn't done very much in the the last 3 months and then 3 weeks ago he had a heart attack, hes on the mend fortunately but asked me to move the project onto someone else.

Over the last few weeks I have been making quite a few phone calls and showing the B12 to several interested parties. Finally tonight after some negotiation I've agreed a price and timeframe with the guy who would have been doing the painting anyways and I will move the B12 to his premises next week.

Timeframe to finish welding is a mere 4 weeks. He's then away for a fortnight, paintwork to be completed in September...RESULT!

I will keep in touch with him and put up lots of pics.
Watch this space.

P

hodroyd

Brilliant news Frank, I bet your chuffed, finally starting to move towards the finish line..!!

Mr.Cambio

A restoration is a project that always needs time...much time....a lot of time... Keep on informing us Frank.

Parisien

....well.........summits been done to it, after a 8 month hiatus.......at least the guy who has it now has gotten his welder out! I will see it next weekend........so trying not to get too excited!

P

zagatoes30

cool, we need photos.

There was a Aurelia B20 parked outside the unit next to Emblem this morning, I do love proper old Lancias

zagatoes30

Sorry didn't get any pics but it was in historic race spec they guy with the unit next to Emblem is a historic racer with some nice toys

B20 Aurelia, Alfa GTA (105 series), Dolomite Sprint, Stingray Corvette plus a number of classic bikes. Might make time to go and have a mooch next time I'm there

hodroyd

Frank,
Let's hope it's step in the right direction and things are finally starting to improve..!!
Cheers
R

Parisien

Ditto Rob, Xmas is coming no doubt his Missus wants as much dosh in as possible and is egging him on, mind you I had a chat with his boss ( he does this in the evenings and weekends) and he said he'd have a kind word!

P

StuartW

....well.........summits been done to it, after a 8 month hiatus.......at least the guy who has it now has gotten his welder out! I will see it next weekend........so trying not to get too excited!

P

Good to hear, we like progress!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you also for next weekend and look forward to some pictures when you can