The Portuguese Lancia Aurelia B12 1955 Series II

Parisien

A few more to make you all green with envy.....or just green....;)

These as from the seller in Portugal...hope load off my work computer!!!

$(KGrHqQOKp0E5bB,bF4+BOg,p8h(EQ~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqEOKiEE5ZL73QyWBOg,poGDu!~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqYOKj!E5W9!lpC!BOg,o3dEZQ~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqQOKo8E5Vi6Sb2TBOg,pyQ,Q!~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!lEE5zwQOpy4BOgbR)qiow~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqMOKo4E5ZPN(t(JBOg,pBnn7g~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqUOKpwE5ZIe,O33BOg,pUrrM!~~60_12.jpg

P

conaero

Forum Owner
Think you better buy a new duster Frank!....all the best with it though, I am assuming you now have the car and its not riddled with tin worm?

GransportFan1

Ha Ha Dem.

Best of luck with it Frank, i think the Lancia can qualify for the mille miglia race. How long have you estimated the project? 3 years?

Parisien

Depends Adam...if needs everything done then not far off it.........but if liners havn't sunk...might not need an engine rebuild, similar with brakes......nearly as bad as a GT refurb....£2.5-3K...even though just drums and linings

P!

GransportFan1

What website/forums are there for these cars? i imagine finding people in the know is hard? i had to speak to Jean Paul the other week when i was considering the Renault 8 as i could only get parts from Dieppe.

Andyk

Well done Frank.......Thats you looked away in the garage for the next year...Have fun..

ENZ525

Glad she made it home P...and good Luck with the restoration, she is going to look beautiful :D

Parisien

I live about 6 miles from where the B 12 is being stored and as I still had the key decided go for a less "stressful" look at the car. Took some more pics, looked hard at the areas needing the extra work and wondered at what lay beneath the bituminous material coating its underside.

Am not mechanically minded nor do I know much about cars generally, but if the bonnet release mechanism is anything to go by, it is a wonderfully put together car. The bonnet closed as if it had just been opened for the first time, or maybe I am easily impressed?

The keys have gone walkabout during its travels and neglect over the last 2 months, but my mechanic said it shouldn't be a problem.

Given that I am as blind as the proverbial, I looked up close at the paint/body to realise it was hand painted and a certain amount of filler had been used in places.

We agreed to meet in late February to get the battle plan laid out and perhaps even start the restoration in late April as opposed to June....Smiley...plus hes just come across a very able local body/paint guy whose work is of a very high standard as opposed to the ones who do a good job and charge you the earth.

We also agreed that I would work under his supervision to do some basic preparatory work....quite a few evenings/weekends will be filled I suspect!

P

lozcb

I live about 6 miles from where the B 12 is being stored and as I still had the key decided go for a less "stressful" look at the car. Took some more pics, looked hard at the areas needing the extra work and wondered at what lay beneath the bituminous material coating its underside.

Am not mechanically minded nor do I know much about cars generally, but if the bonnet release mechanism is anything to go by, it is a wonderfully put together car. The bonnet closed as if it had just been opened for the first time, or maybe I am easily impressed?

The keys have gone walkabout during its travels and neglect over the last 2 months, but my mechanic said it shouldn't be a problem.

Given that I am as blind as the proverbial, I looked up close at the paint/body to realise it was hand painted and a certain amount of filler had been used in places.

We agreed to meet in late February to get the battle plan laid out and perhaps even start the restoration in late April as opposed to June....Smiley...plus hes just come across a very able local body/paint guy whose work is of a very high standard as opposed to the ones who do a good job and charge you the earth.

We also agreed that I would work under his supervision to do some basic preparatory work....quite a few evenings/weekends will be filled I suspect!

P

Well worth investing in some comercial bodywork tools Frank, decent sander/grinder and pads , maybe an air saw or snips , be surprised how easy it becomes with the right powerful tools , finish is always down to good preparation and thats hard going and painstakingly mind destroying so if you can make it easier by the right tools , plenty good used ones on ebay

regards loz

conaero

Forum Owner
Frank get it dipped and galvanised, then you will know exactly where you stand.

lozcb

Frank get it dipped and galvanised, then you will know exactly where you stand.

That will involved making a consious decision Matt to go all the way ..............total nut and bolt resto then and **** loads of money required , after a good look underneath, i would spend a complete day on a sander grinder to see how bad she really is

regards loz