The Portuguese Lancia Aurelia B12 1955 Series II

Paco

Frank I look forward to hearing more about this. As for Nitromors you might want to check with the bodywork guy but I recall being told it has a terrible ability to "stay" on a surface and contaminate the new finish.

If you need to stop rust in its tracks without recourse to violence I can recommend this stuff wierd magic stuff

I used it on my old classic Range Rover - one of the few vehicles that can out-rust a Lancia- and it was fantastic, just washing off and leaving a shiny metal surface.

Parisien

Yes......its due out of hibernation in a week or two.......thanks for the tips and your help!

P

Parisien

A lot of cutting and grinding to be done, will be spending the next 9 mths doing that, an older guy does floor pans and sills, so the cosmetic aspect is partly taken care of......let the fun commence!

P

Khamsin433

Hey Frank,

Have you not made a start on this yet , it's all too quiet ? When is the first installment on this project ?

We need a good read and May is almost done.

Parisien

Hi Bal.....just in process of getting a date to start, hoping next week.......thanks for asking...:)

P

Parisien

Gee...where does the time go.....anyways the guy whose working on/ overseeing this project has finally gotten freed from the shackles of his employer due to endless overtime and weekend work, so its being moved from its place of hibernation the week of the 9th July to his workshop.....then a week or so later when I get back from France....it will kick off....fingers Xed!!!

P

Khamsin433

Hey Frank,

Nothing to worry about, you know there will be rust so go with the flow. I'm sure you have your eyes wide open and will have done your research. You've got some experts around such as Omicron etc so things should be good. I know these cars are much loved on the classic front and anything you can't get can always be made (for a price....)

Failing that get the cable ties and gaffa tape out and strap it together. (only kidding we want clean work here as like the others I do enjoy work like this, just wish I had more time to play as I once used to)

I'll be offline for last 2 weeks in July so when I get back there should be some progress on the strip down. Look forward to it

Parisien

Thanks for the support Bal.......am in for the long haul....:)

Slash and burn techniques are to be used first off!!!

P

Paulm

It has just been on the News............man seen running away from New hospital with surgical knives........that wouldn't be a certain person we know ????? about to disect a Lancia ! :laugh:
Get stuck in......you'll love it.......stop putting it off !
Just think of the surgeons you know..........except in your case it will be......grinder please......now the saw :)

Parisien

The Lancia is more complex than any human........needs an empathatic person slicing her up....;)

P

Last edited:

Paulm

Nah..........go and have a word with the doctors...........your symptoms of lethargy seem to be curable........... with a little WD40.........get the old joints working first :laugh:

Parisien

Finally....taking her out of cold storage this evening.........then timetabling some work in the next week or two................................yyyyyiiiippppeeeeee....or .....oh cripes!!!!????

P

2b1ask1

Special case
The journey has already begun Frank, with more than enough problems; I'm sure I will not be alone in wishing the rest of it is with a lot fewer problems. I would not be as stupid as to say none because the old girl is in a bad way for sure but nothing insurmaountable.....

Parisien

Well Newton...if after strip down it appears either very difficult to do or very costly....might still scrap her......but am in it for 2-4yrs....so can hopefully spread the cost and effort

P

Parisien

We got it all of 5 feet..........cos the storage place was on an incline, plus the the brakes had bound a bit....the BMW 330d wasn't up to the job of towing it out and up the hill to put it on a trailer.....his clutch started to burn a bit!!

Getting a low loader on Saturday am........

P