Elton Johns QP for sale

BJL

I noticed in December Auto Italia someone is selling Eltons dark green 05 plate Quattroporte. Nice spec but 35k is a bit rich for a car with a bit of celeb association. Great music and great car but there is a limit.

Woody

Its been for sale for a while. Wasnt it being sold by a private guy? I remember reading the ad as it showed John's name and address in the pics...but then I realised it was a work address not a home address :)

BJL

Yes I think you are right, he says 'No negotiating at all or I'll keep the car'. Sounds like he'll be keeping it then???????????????????

Andyk

Yes posted a month or so ago...Still not sold which is not a suprise at that price...

npaskin

Green qp?? Not seen a green qp.....

One here :biggrin:. Verde Deep Emerald, which replaced Verde Goodwood at the time of the 08 facelift and is a tad darker.

They are pretty rare (I've seen the Goodwood but not another Verde Emerald). Was a bit dubious when I first spotted mine on the dealer’s site (thoughts of 70’s Jags etc.) but totally convinced when I saw it in the metal. They get mistaken for black at a glance unless in sunshine when the undertone of metallic / British Racing Green comes out.

As AndyK says, looks good with the light interiors. Love it, and get lots of admiring comments about the unusual colour – I think the dark colours really suit the QP (more common is deep blue, and burgundy seems as rare as green).

Last edited:

Andyk

One here :biggrin:. Verde Deep Emerald, which replaced Verde Goodwood at the time of the 08 facelift and is a tad darker.

They are pretty rare (I've seen the Goodwood but not another Verde Emerald). Was a bit dubious when I first spotted mine on the dealer’s site (thoughts of 70’s Jags etc.) but totally convinced when I saw it in the metal. They get mistaken for black at a glance unless in sunshine when the undertone of metallic / British Racing Green comes out.

As AndyK says, looks good with the light interiors. Love it, and get lots of admiring comments about the unusual colour – I think the dark colours really suit the QP (more common is deep blue, and burgundy seems as rare as green).

I llike...It does seem to suit the QP really well...Do you have any pictures you could post Norman...

Andyk

Norman thats lovely....Didn't ralise you had a face lift QP....Very nice...Are you enjoying her.

Andyk

Norman is the piping on the seats black or dark green...I love mtching piping on the interior.....Lovely...

npaskin

With the old QPs can you put the new lights on them??

There's a thread or report on this somewhere on one of the forums. I'm not too technical but as I recall the answer is no, or at least not easily: it's not a 1 for 1 swop. I think the rears are possible but as the facelift has daylight running lights some wiring changes are needed. The fronts I think don't fit and to get the daylight running lights you have to fit add-on LEDs somewhere in the bumper (maybe someone with more knowledge can add to this?). It's expensive (certainly wouldn't be reflected in the resale value), and why bother - the old one looks just as good I think; you could change the grill I guess but again I think the old grills are nice (especially the mesh one which I think was on Exec GTs??). The main changes with the facelift were the engine (up to 4.7 for the S and Sport) and the centre dash layout and ICE which I think is much better. Personally I think cosmetic upgrades are a mugs game – better to keep the car as original as possible.