Alternative parts, what everyone needs to know...

Parisien

Good to see another positive benefit of being a member of this board coming to fruition, I suppose it will take a few hundred miles to both bed in plus put the car through its paces to see if they fit the bill.......hope it goes well David!

P

Parisien

Guys, at the risk of seeming lazy.....aaahheememmm....has anyone listed/translated the equivalent parts off the German board of know if they also give positive confirmation and feedback upon using the same.......we might be at the stage shortly of considering putting together a downloadable PDF file with a few dozen parts listed etc...what do you think, combine all items onto one file.....who has the know how, am prepared to do some leg work, share the load!?

P

Parisien

Guys, did a brief reprise of equivalent parts to date.......hoping to get some sort of confirmation about the brake discs via Jeff/Conaero also .....;

Maserati Equivalent to OEM parts 4200 plus 3200 – 22-4-10

Ferodo Pads FDB 451 and 998 - 998 in stock at £33.50 +vat. - 451 Need ordering £24.50 + vat. Because they are Ferodo, the owner of Brembo, I would be happy to try them as I have had it indicated to me that they are the OEM pad. Anyone looking for OEM replacement pads should try these, they are very good.

F1 pump and relay aswell spoke to Marios Autoshield today and he confirmed it
Alfa selespeed pump part no 51736315 £319 plus Vat same as Maserati F1 pump Eurospares £950.00 Alfa cooling fan relay 30 amp £8.40 inc Vat same as Maserati F1 pump relay £35.00 regards loz We aim to please Frank Alfa cooling fan relay Relay part no 11130287 £8.40 inc Vat

SportsMaserti.com proud to announce Belfast Brake discount offer...
I am please to announce that Belfast Brakes and SportsMaserati.com have negotiated a handbrake re shoe deal to our members. The price, inclusive of return postage is £30 to have your old shoes re lined to better than OEM standards. Additional to this, we have a loan set of old shoes that SportsMaserati.com members can use to save disabling you car during this process.
Turnaround it 3-4 days. Please PM me for the promotional code. Dogleg

3200 starter motor: Valeo: D6RA64 (Peugeot/Citroen/Lancia)
Bosch reconditioned unit part number 0986016530-93N
The only difference is the casting that bolts it to the bell housing. This is easily swapped with the old one by undoing 4 small torx or hexagon keys and takes less than 5 minutes. £50 plus VAT

P

Parisien

rs48635...this 8 page section is for Maserati part equivalents up to the 3200GT, but I only saw 1 part listed...will check to see if further relevant pages for later parts.

P

PS Looked through other sections but didnt spot anything else of use.....this German forum is on the go since 2002, but in the 4200/3200 section, only 1355 posts to date......?!

Last edited:

davidhowson

Sorry, I meant to post up the other day that I have exchanged a few emails with Jeff @ FD and he tells me that the front discs should be available from June but the rear discs are still some way off.
Cost for the fronts is going to be in the region of $300 each plus shipping / tax / etc and it's the add on costs that are the killer, but let's see.

After five days (and about 200 miles) running on the Green Gripper I am pleased to report that they are bedding in very well now, and despite some early moments with them and a terrible noise, now they seem to stopped grinding and started to bite. So a positive from me so far. This weekend's trip out should sort them out proper so I will be able to report better after that.

-David-

conaero

Forum Owner
Excellent news David. It does sound like we are too far away to gain any advantage for buying FD discs, but watch this space, I do have some news coming shortly on that front.

X1ons

Get your wheel bolts professionally chromed - forum discount:

http://www.classicsandchrome.co.uk/1.html

instead of £3.50 per bolt I've negotiated a deal of £3.00 per bolt for the forum.

Saves you £10 if you are getting all 20 bolts done.

I've just had min done and they have done a superb job - very professional.

Quote this forum and possibly my name - Mark Ions.

Hope it helps us all have shiney wheels!!!

Parisien

Guys...will post this on the chrome bolts thread too....hoping to get the refurbed set back very soon, anyone else then needs my set sent back to Classicsandchrome?

Let me know asap as I will be away for 10 days at start of June!

P

grainqey

Conaero, I suspect we will get hammered for postage, VAT, customs duty, then VAT on the postage, plus poor exhange rate.......bargain they may not be but up-rated and alternatives yes!

P

it might be worth a go to get the discs down as unsaleable gifts as daft as it sounds to drastically reduce the fees payable to customs etc when getting them shipped over here.
i'v bought a guitar direct from the u.s and the amount of money saved having it shipped as an unsaleable gift was quite alot

HTH
Alex

Emtee

Just turned up, thanks to Jezza for suppling the old shoes, they are absolutely perfect, painted and stickered up with Lucas logos:

They are bonded with a much stronger glue than original, so they are less likely to de laminate, as what seems to happen a lot.

shoe01.jpg

shoe03.jpg

shoe02.jpg

Sorry Matt, I've lost contact with this one a bit. Do we have a spare set of +2003 4200/Gransport shoes in circulation? Just thinking ahead to Llandow, or more precisely it's aftermath and will want to get shoes and pads from Belfast.

conaero

Forum Owner
I dont know, the only set we have at the moment is a set of 3200 which are different, Jezza has them.

I think Loz is having his done, I am sure he will give you his set when he has finish.

lozcb

I dont know, the only set we have at the moment is a set of 3200 which are different, Jezza has them.

I think Loz is having his done, I am sure he will give you his set when he has finish.

Yep was all keyed up to get mine done , so when i took them off last week to clean up my rear discs pre the car going to AP (which it hasn't yet ) bloody Redbull brake probs to blame , after removing the discs the rear shoes were nigh on mint just a little dusty, cleaned and scuffed them up and they came up like new , i think they must have been changed shortly before i bought the car, any way cleaned out and re'drilled the rear discs as they will be staying with larger rear callipers being added

When the 4200 comes back from having its bumper re-painted i'll be doing the rear shoes on that ready for selling , did i just say that,:f10: gulp oh god its hitting home a little now someone will get themselves a cheap beaut of a car , but i'll be getting the same shoes re-lined

regards loz

Parisien

Guys...not much really in the way of alternative parts/spares....anyone any other parts to put on this list?

P

Emtee

Hi Parisien, I would be interested if Loz now has a spare set of 4200 shoes that I can get re-lined though.

Parisien

Just turned up, thanks to Jezza for suppling the old shoes, they are absolutely perfect, painted and stickered up with Lucas logos:

They are bonded with a much stronger glue than original, so they are less likely to de laminate, as what seems to happen a lot.

shoe01.jpg

shoe03.jpg

shoe02.jpg

Conaero, is there a pair floating about for members to avail of like the wheel bolts?

P

Parisien

Guys, did a brief reprise of equivalent parts to date.......hoping to get some sort of confirmation about the brake discs via Jeff/Conaero also .....;

Maserati Equivalent to OEM parts 4200 plus 3200 – 22-4-10

Ferodo Pads FDB 451 and 998 - 998 in stock at £33.50 +vat. - 451 Need ordering £24.50 + vat. Because they are Ferodo, the owner of Brembo, I would be happy to try them as I have had it indicated to me that they are the OEM pad. Anyone looking for OEM replacement pads should try these, they are very good.

F1 pump and relay aswell spoke to Marios Autoshield today and he confirmed it
Alfa selespeed pump part no 51736315 £319 plus Vat same as Maserati F1 pump Eurospares £950.00 Alfa cooling fan relay 30 amp £8.40 inc Vat same as Maserati F1 pump relay £35.00 regards loz We aim to please Frank Alfa cooling fan relay Relay part no 11130287 £8.40 inc Vat

SportsMaserti.com proud to announce Belfast Brake discount offer...
I am please to announce that Belfast Brakes and SportsMaserati.com have negotiated a handbrake re shoe deal to our members. The price, inclusive of return postage is £30 to have your old shoes re lined to better than OEM standards. Additional to this, we have a loan set of old shoes that SportsMaserati.com members can use to save disabling you car during this process.
Turnaround it 3-4 days. Please PM me for the promotional code. Dogleg

3200 starter motor: Valeo: D6RA64 (Peugeot/Citroen/Lancia)
Bosch reconditioned unit part number 0986016530-93N
The only difference is the casting that bolts it to the bell housing. This is easily swapped with the old one by undoing 4 small torx or hexagon keys and takes less than 5 minutes. £50 plus VAT

P

Just to check guys....is this is the same F1 pump...?....at £270 incl VAT....:)....as opposed to the one listed above £374 incl VAT!!

http://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/parts/GT_Selespeed_pump.shtml

Again, any one know if this is the up-dated version?

P

aliquot

just to say, i ordered one of these the other day and its not the same as the one that is in my 2003 4200CC. The pins are completely different in location and number.

'Alfa cooling fan relay 30 amp £8.40 inc Vat same as Maserati F1 pump relay £35.00 regards loz We aim to please Frank Alfa cooling fan relay Relay part no 11130287 £8.40 inc Vat'